my toxic inheritance

I have been casually following this thread. I'm still where I was in Post #5. OP needs to settle on one or two courses of action to pursue. Right now, and from a distance of course, it looks like he's in analysis paralysis. Events TBD will bring that to an end at some point if he doesn't end it by himself.

(1) The liquidation value of the company is high based on the disposition of a similar company I managed last year. The return on assets is low because of the nature of the business and some poor management practices I inherited that aren't easy to fix.
(2) Just walking away and letting it crumble has problems, too. For example, there are long-time employees and other stakeholders who would be negatively affected. Furthermore, the liquidation value of a biz after operations have fallen apart is likely to be lower than the liquidation of a reasonably healthy ongoing concern.
(3) All talk of salary is irrelevant to my situation. I need more time, not more money. :)
What about liquidating the company now, and including employees in the proceeds as part of a profit sharing or stock ownership plan of some kind, based on position and years of service? That way they aren't just kicked to the curb. It seems like liquidating is the best outcome for the shareholders as well, unless you want to stay indefinitely.

Back
Top Bottom