Join Early Retirement Today

What do the stars mean?
Old 01-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

What do the stars mean?

Can someone tell me what the stars next to everyone's name signify? I know it has something to do with how active you are on the Board, but what are the specific criteria for how you go from one level to another?

ScaredtoQuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: What do the stars mean?
Old 01-12-2007, 01:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaredtoQuit
Can someone tell me what the stars next to everyone's name signify? I know it has something to do with how active you are on the Board, but what are the specific criteria for how you go from one level to another?

Good Question - We don't know either!
Old 01-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Mean Mercury is retrograde, which, um... Do you know the secret handshake?

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 01:59 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

More posts = more stars, I don't know the exact break points.
laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:21 PM   #5
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

For most people, the stars and dryer sheet remarks are directly based on the number of posts they've made. Moderators currently have 5 green stars and admins have 5 red stars. Occasionally individuals are singled out for mockingspecial treatment. At the moment I think only brewer12345 has a special "star" count: one large birthday cake for posting the 100,000th post.

The current count breakpoints are as follows: 0, 10, 25, 50, 500, 1000, 5000. After 500 posts the dryer sheet references give way to remarks about posting a lot.

For grins, here are the user counts for each group in order from 0-9 posts up through 5000+ posts: 2347, 268, 160, 296, 43, 39, 5.

There are 8 moderators and 1-3 admins depending on how you count them. (3 admin accounts, 2 actual people, 1 account that currently posts.)

I kind of miss this special graphic:

I originally thought moderator "stars" should be these: , but I was aparrently alone in that opinion. I now think it was a bad if cute idea.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyJim
For most people, the stars and dryer sheet remarks are directly based on the number of posts they've made. Moderators currently have 5 green stars and admins have 5 red stars. Occasionally individuals are singled out for mockingspecial treatment. At the moment I think only brewer12345 has a special "star" count: one large birthday cake for posting the 100,000th post.

The current count breakpoints are as follows: 0, 10, 25, 50, 500, 1000, 5000. After 500 posts the dryer sheet references give way to remarks about posting a lot.

For grins, here are the user counts for each group in order from 0-9 posts up through 5000+ posts: 2347, 268, 160, 296, 43, 39, 5.

There are 8 moderators and 1-3 admins depending on how you count them. (3 admin accounts, 2 actual people, 1 account that currently posts.)

I kind of miss this special graphic:
I changed user sign-in after I reach 2000 posts just to avoid some sort of recognition (I forget now what it was). Then they changed the rules on me anyway. Now I have one sign-in name with 2000 posts plus this one. If I remember when I get to 2000, I'll switch names again. It's a tradition.
sgeeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgeeeee
I changed user sign-in after I reach 2000 posts just to avoid some sort of recognition (I forget now what it was). Then they changed the rules on me anyway. Now I have one sign-in name with 2000 posts plus this one. If I remember when I get to 2000, I'll switch names again. It's a tradition.
For a while we tried omitting the post count for high-count posters as there seemed to be some contention on post counts. I picked 2000 as the cutoff because at the time that was right around the cutoff point for the top ten posters. You happened to be right under 2000 at the time, and much fun was had, especially in the Day of Jennifer. There is no post count omission now because it really had no effect on the situation and requires maintenance across forum software updates.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:29 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

just checking my stars.....

Audrey
Old 01-14-2007, 08:06 AM   #9

Just checked my PROFILE. Lots of posting information there at the bottom of the page through the links.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Since this is post 25 does this mean I get a star? I love the internet so much easier to become a star than Hollyweird
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Wow it works.
New occupation, shameless star gatherer
clifp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #12
Give me a forum ...

Nah, JG's on hiatus...

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #13
Recycles dryer sheets

I got a Gold Star in First Grade, for not peeing my pants. I managed to graduate from high school, with the same success record. But, I only have the one star and no certificate to support my accomplishment. I feel unrewarded and psychologically
blighted!

Should I , contact Jerry Springer or Mike Nifong
Sundance Kid is offline   Reply With Quote