Anyone have a "walking pad" as opposed to a treadmill?

We have a great treadmill. Hubby keeps saying he needs to use it but never does so it just takes up room and gathers dust. I joined a gym (Planet Fitness) after retiring and after never having gone to one before. My goal was to build strength and do cardio. I hate the treadmills but love doing cardio on the recumbent bikes and rowers and use a variety of strength building machines. I suggest you first decide what you are trying to accomplish before buying anything. If you have a PF near you, you can join for a low amount and no commitment. Even if you don't keep with the gym, it might help you narrow down what equipment will work for you.

I just checked out one of her videos, looks like a good thing for home exercise.

I got away from this project due to repair issues and other problems but thanks everyone for the continued responses.

I have the Urevo Walking Pad with incline(which most of them don't have but was one of my requirements - it does not incline very high tho). I bought it on Amazon last winter to have someplace to walk when weather was bad. I love it so far --even now it's spring, I'll jump on it when I want to watch tv/other video media. I also have a gym membership at Planet Fitness and for me going somewhere out of the house is way harder motivation wise -- but obviously that's very dependent on each person's likes/dislikes.

The lack of rails hasn't been a problem at all even though I have it somewhat in middle of floor -- but if that is an issue for someone, you could put it by a standing desk (which is how I think they got so popular) or even build something out of pvc pipe.

Back
Top Bottom