Blow that Dough 2024

Had my flight yesterday on the B-25 Maid in the Shade. It was an awesome experience, all of the volunteers with the Commemorative Air Force were great to work with. I was able to spend about 8 minutes during the flight in the nose where my dad sat during his bombing missions. It gave me a taste of what he went through during WW2 in the Aleutians. Except it was hot and no one was shooting at us. They were truly all heroes.

Attachments

• 20240509_094541.jpg
    20240509_094541.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 20240509_110415.jpg
    20240509_110415.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240509_112703.jpg
    20240509_112703.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 51
Had my flight yesterday on the B-25 Maid in the Shade. It was an awesome experience, all of the volunteers with the Commemorative Air Force were great to work with. I was able to spend about 8 minutes during the flight in the nose where my dad sat during his bombing missions. It gave me a taste of what he went through during WW2 in the Aleutians. Except it was hot and no one was shooting at us. They were truly all heroes.
Very nice. My dad was on a minesweeper in the South Pacific during WWII. Not the safest craft either.

Here's a BTD! $25,000 First Class flight Dubai to San Francisco on Emirates.
I'm not sure if the link will work but it's quite the ride! You even get to take a shower. All the caviar you can eat and meals anytime you want.

Mods please remove if it's somehow against the rules

Last edited:
I see those plans flying up/down the Jersey Shore during the summer. I think they leave from airport in Wall, fly the coast to Sandy Hook and back. Always makes me smile.

Just buttoned down our Chicago trip to see the mets in June. Me, wife and middle son fly EWR to ORD, daughter DEN to ORD. 3 nights in a suite in Chicago. Mets/Cubs on Sunday, White Sox/Dodgers on Monday and then we take Amtrak to Milwaukee to see the Brewers on Tuesday. Everyone flies home from MKE on Wednesday.

I'm already at 7k before meals and tickets for the white sox and brewers. When all is added up should be around 9 or 10k.

Noticed a few fence posts were rotting. Hired someone to replace 8 posts instead of digging out and setting the posts and reattaching the panels.
It took two guys 5 hours instead of the 4 days it would have taken me.

$900 friend and family price.

Worth it compared to the back pain replacing the two I did last year. Though I do feel like I’m a lazy slug not doing it myself.

I just spent $5K to purchase the remaining materials needed to finish my self-built cabin in the mountains.
I would love too see a new thread on that retirement cabin build. With pictures!

Sounds like a wonderful experience. I want to start one this year but waiting for a demolition of the century plus old homestead to be retired.

I would love too see a new thread on that retirement cabin build. With pictures!

Sounds like a wonderful experience. I want to start one this year but waiting for a demolition of the century plus old homestead to be retired.

I am in the process of creating a photo album documenting the various stages of the build. I'll share it when it's ready. At the moment I'm putting the siding up.

Final pre payment for Hawaii trip coming up. Three rooms ocean front at First class resort, FC airfare, luau, dolphin swim for 7 of us.
Now just need to put aside the $ for food/drinks while there.

I am in the process of creating a photo album documenting the various stages of the build. I'll share it when it's ready. At the moment I'm putting the siding up.
Outstanding!!! I will be following and hope I don't miss it. Thanks

Final pre payment for Hawaii trip coming up. Three rooms ocean front at First class resort, FC airfare, luau, dolphin swim for 7 of us.
Now just need to put aside the $ for food/drinks while there.
We just did that for 6 in Jan... but split the rooms as son and wife came later...

DW and I went to the big island after the stay for our own week.. it was great..

Half way through the European trip. Switzerland is pretty pricey, but worth it. With friends in Garmisch-Partenkirchen Germany now. So far great views & weather (food, meh).

We recently got home from a 3 week trip to Ireland, where among other things we visited Waterford Crystal and bought a couple things in their store. Now that I'm home, I have run into some second hand Waterford for 20-40% of new and bought several more pieces plus an ammonite fossil that I saw on our winter trip, all for about $1K. There is one more piece of crystal that I would like to have, that would be about $500 more, but it is the nicest of all, and I don't know if I can resist.

It's our year to spend XMAS with the oldest son and family and they wanted to go to Hawaii, so DW spent about 10000 for renting a big condo for 8 days, the flight, and a van to get us all around over Christmas. They're paying for their own flights.
I told her we were mostly just pulling forward 2025 spending since I don't think we'll do a big Euro spend like the Scotland 40th anniversary hike in 2025 (we leave next month), probably just camping in the Black HIlls or maybe Glacier NP or both. It was unexpected though.
The heat pump will be 17k.
Big spenders this year, luckily the market is co-operating.

Just got back from a trip to the UK. Just a visit to family so nothing extravagant, except I got an offer on the American Airlines app to upgrade to business class on the way back (LHR to ORD) for $580 each. Seemed like an easy decision. It was particularly worth it since our flight to our final destination out of Chicago was delayed several hours so we got to spend nearly 6 hours in the Flagship lounge there, by virtue of having the international business class ticket.

I still can’t bring myself to pay $5,000 for a regular business class ticket (vs. less than $1,000 for economy), but this seemed like a good way to BTD!

Got in last night from a 7 day trip through the Virgin Islands with friends on a crewed 54 foot catamaran. We were beyond spoiled. The captain (female) was friendly, experienced and anticipated everyone's want and need. The chef somehow created 3 gourmet meals a day, every day. Plus Hors d'oeuvres and special drinks every evening at happy hour. No provisioning, no meal prep, no dish washing or cleaning. We didn't have to lift a finger. It was fantastic.

Got in last night from a 7 day trip through the Virgin Islands with friends on a crewed 54 foot catamaran. We were beyond spoiled. The captain (female) was friendly, experienced and anticipated everyone's want and need. The chef somehow created 3 gourmet meals a day, every day. Plus Hors d'oeuvres and special drinks every evening at happy hour. No provisioning, no meal prep, no dish washing or cleaning. We didn't have to lift a finger. It was fantastic.
Now that is my idea of a blow that dough experience! Not I bought a big power washer or roto tiller!🤣

Great BTD going up to NY for my son's Vet school graduation. Spent time with all our children.

Back
Top Bottom