Fidelity/Vanguard fees and minimum invstment

I keep reading about switching. Many of our posters have switched from VG to Fidelity. Can you switch your entire portfolio all at once?
I recently switched all my accounts at the same time from VG to Fidelity. The customer service at Fidelity was like a breath of fresh air compared to VG. Received a couple thousand bonus for moving the funds in kind.

As a final note, VG even put a hold on one of my stock holdings due to some corporate activity, and when I requested that the hold be released since I'm the owner, they had to get one of their managers to approve removing the hold even though I requested the hold to be removed. BTW - I had been with VG over 30 years...

I made a switch from Vanguard to Fidelity for two reasons, poor service at Vanguard and a desire to consolidate.
Not all of the funds were transferred with individual share lot cost basis. There is also a fee to sell vanguard mutual funds held at fidelity

That $3,000 minimum is for some of the mutual funds. But many of these have an ETF equivalent without a minimum, which would be even better if it is in a taxable portfolio.

I made a switch from Vanguard to Fidelity for two reasons, poor service at Vanguard and a desire to consolidate.
Not all of the funds were transferred with individual share lot cost basis. There is also a fee to sell vanguard mutual funds held at fidelity
Isn't the fee at Fidelity to BUY Vanguard mutual funds, not sell them?

Switched from Vanguard to Fidelity 16 months ago-Couldn’t be happier! With Vanguard 35 years but service was atrocious at end. Now I have a personal wealth advisor that I can talk to anytime(Free). Last straw with Vanguard when rep insisted I invest mininum of 35% in International funds which I’m totally against for many reasons! They offered 10K for switch and last 16 months have been extremely profitable.

Are you sure? In my experience the fees were only to buy, not to sell.

Back
Top Bottom