Poll: Have you had Covid?

Have you had Covid?

• Yes

Votes: 221 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 178 44.6%

• Total voters
I have not had it, DW finally had it last month. I was worried, since she suffers from asthma, but she had fairly mild COVID. We had been very careful all the way (wore N95 masks in any closed spaces with more than a couple of people in it), until 12 days after our 5th dose of the vaccine. We then dropped our guard and that is how she caught it. Back to being a bit more careful, now.

I'm sorry to hear that you DW contracted Covid after all you have done to avoid it. We have also been careful with all shots/boosters, masking every time we are in closed areas, social distancing, etc. None of that is much of an inconvenience compared to the alternative including long covid. So far we have been able to avoid it. We are too old to take the chance and my closest friend is seriously immunocompromised and battling cancer. I don't want to run the risk of hurting his survival chances.
I compare Polls like this one to a gambling poll. You always hear about the lucky ones but rarely hear about all the losers. In the US alone (which doesn't account for all cases) there were more than 103,000,000 cases and almost 1,144,000 deaths from Covid. Globally there were more than 772,000,000 confirmed cases and almost 7,000,000 deaths.
What we do gives us better odds. I need the time I have left to BTD.

Cheers!

Twice - July 2022 and again a few weeks ago. I also had the shot which left me bedridden for 3 days. Perhaps because of my chronic Lyme, it hits me hard.

After this last bout I think I'm working thru long Covid...short of breath on walks, fatigue, and palpitations.

wife got symptoms late 2021 - she tested positive, I was symptom-free and tested negative.

We were living in an RV at the time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Never had COVID.

Never vaxxed. Never even wore a mask- not once.

I sure hope those days you felt fine, and didn't think you had it, you weren't out spreading it..we'll never know! I just know I wanted to help stop the spread, and not give it to a more 'fragile' person..or anyone, that is, as they would in turn give it someone...But..'nuf of that soapbox..

I fell for the medical advice, and got the vax, and masked where required, and lived my life as openly and wonderfully as I could.
I bragged about never having covid..how dumb of me..that wa ssure to give it to me!

I didn't have the latest vax, as the last one I had was in July 2023, right before I went to England with a group. About 5of my group ended up getting Covid, fromEngland, or flying home from England. But not me..

I did get covid in Dec, 2023. It felt like a cold..at first, and for some odd reason I didn't test myself, as I was sure it was a cold. On the3rd day, it was no cold! I'ma youthful, healthy person, but I do horribly with the flu. This wasn't as bad as the flu, but it was pretty horrible. I will continue to get the latest vax..anything to help reduce my risk of getting this mess again. I felt pretty bad for 12 days, and stayed pretty tired, for 2 weeks after that. No fun.

Well after 4 years of avoiding it I tested positive yesterday. Mild symptoms so far and starting paxlovid although I am starting to think that i am not high risk for serious disease so maybe paxlovid is not appropriate but now that I started I will continue.

I had been living in a bubble and wearing N95 masks almost everywhere. But when mom got sick and passed away this summer I spent a lot of time in a covid cluster nursing home and now visiting stepdad every day in nursing home. Late November he caught covid and I spent 6 hours a day with him up to his covid test. So my PPE must have been effective.

Last weekend I was at the nursing home with N95 and covid in the other wing and at church sitting next to the singer. But I did go twice into a small store without my mask and was exposed to 5 or 6 people during the suspected infection period.

I finally contracted covid last month while I was in Costa Rica & Panama. The cold symptoms began just 1 hour after I was back in my home. I tested positive that evening. However, 2 days earlier I had bad diarrhea while in Panama, and I later learned that diarrhea can be an early symptom of covid. But I felt fine the day I flew home until arriving back in my home. So I don't know for certain whether the diarrhea was covid-related or not. I started taking Paxlovid the day after I got home. The symptoms at home were like a bad cold but started to lessen on the 3rd day, and by the 4th day on Paxlovid, I felt normal again. Alas, about 5 days after that, I had rebound covid. The rebound symptoms were mild cold symptoms and lasted only 2 days, but I continued to test positive for 7 days of rebound.

Mom died last year at 101 and never contracted covid. I was around her multiple times a week and was very careful. I always masked around her and in public indoor spaces. I got each recommended covid shot including the latest version as soon as it was available last September.

One unusual twist is that my grandmother (mom's mom) was widowed at age 20 when her husband died due to the Spanish Flu in 1918. Grandma remarried a year or two later and my mom was born in 1921. So I wouldn't have been born if the Spanish Flu pandemic had never happened.

Did you guys just call and got Paxlovid prescriptions over the phone?

Wish I could get them and be able to pack them for travel to have available overseas, just in case.

I had to do a televisit to get a prescription. I took it up to last sunday. I seemed better and tested negative on Wednesday but my nose has been running and blowing again and Thursday I tested positive. Today Friday sneezing and blowing. It seems that paxlovid surpressed the virus but then my viral load started building up again.

last fall after 2 doses of vaccine plus one booster...all Pfizer.

it was similar to a pretty bad cold, would not enjoy getting it again.

since then had another Pfizer booster plus the seasonal flu vaccine.

Did you guys just call and got Paxlovid prescriptions over the phone?

Wish I could get them and be able to pack them for travel to have available overseas, just in case.

I called my Dr's office and they had me come in to Urgent Care to get Paxlovid. I did not have to take a test, they asked about my symptoms and my home test, looked at my age, and and gave me the scrip. I would take it again if needed.

I got Covid in June 22 while on a trip to Ireland despite being vaccinated. The county I was in required quarantining for 8 days. It ruined my trip but I did get a 1200 credit to use on a future trip.

Luckily I wasn’t very sick. Since I was alone my kids called daily and the hotel staff was very nice and checked on me. They also went to the pharmacy for me because I wanted a oximeter because I have asthma. They were all young and had Covid before. They were really wonderful!

At the beginning of December, I reported that I had never, to my knowledge had it. Then, in late January, I caught it. Symptoms were mild. My taste was affected, but not my sense of smell. I only felt very crummy for a few days. Probably took around 10 days to get fully back to normal.

This is quite normal for me, as I rarely get sick. When I do, I only get mild versions of whatever is going around. I heal quickly, and only have mild, if any, reactions to vaccines.

At the beginning of December, I reported that I had never, to my knowledge had it. Then, in late January, I caught it. Symptoms were mild. My taste was affected, but not my sense of smell. I only felt very crummy for a few days. Probably took around 10 days to get fully back to normal.

This is quite normal for me, as I rarely get sick. When I do, I only get mild versions of whatever is going around. I heal quickly, and only have mild, if any, reactions to vaccines.

You're lucky! My DH is like that. When both of us get sick, his symptoms are usually much milder than mine and he gets over stuff in just a couple of days. With my COVID too, although he got sick (and got over quickly), he didn't even test positive.

Interesting that you could still smell. I thought smell and taste went hand in hand.

I just had COVID for the first time in February myself and I lost some sense of smell and I couldn't taste stuff. That's happened to me before (not just this COVID, but with regular colds). I think it has to do with my sinus being plugged up. The interesting thing I noticed is that I could still identify sour, bitter, sweet, salty, etc. If I closed my eyes and ate something, I wouldn't be able to tell if it was a strawberry or a peach I was eating, but I would know that it was sweet and sour. I was glad for that, because I thought I would most likely notice if something was putrid, rancid, etc.

Back
Top Bottom