TaxAct class action lawsuit?

ERD50

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got 3 emails on this, looked kinda spammy, but I did some checking all looks legit. And I found a website outside of the one in the email to use.

Email subject is "Smith-Washington et al. v. TaxAct, Inc. - Notice Regarding Class action Settlement"

Anyone else get this? Looks to apply to online use only (I think?), any years 2018 to 2022. Some privacy violation, collecting data which sounds scary, but I think this is just aggregate data used for advertising purposes, and nothing tied directly to your own name goes to the advertisers. At least that's how I think these things work.

Kinda odd thing, I got three emails, I assumed just repeats/updates (then I see they were all the same date/time June 14th), but as I went to submit my claim, the first came up with my wife's name, makes sense as we file joint. So I noticed each had a different Member ID, they weren't the same. 3rd was mine, but the second was my daughter. She was not a dependent during this time, I checked with her, and she has used a different program since being on her own.

But I do kinda recall starting a return for her just to double check a question she had about her taxes, so maybe just starting one is enough to get in on the list? Anyway, I'll enter all three and see.

Back
Top Bottom