Also hit my significant milestone today!

Did OP ever say what their salary is?

OP here. Our household combined base is roughly 320k. Bonuses are variable and not guaranteed and paid out the following year. This year our combined income should be roughly 500k due to severance payouts plus bonus from last year.

Congratulations on the baby and your financial success. As someone mentioned here, once you reach 500k, the 2nd half does go quicker. Your goal is ambitious, but doable if the market cooperates. Saving does get addicting and more fun then wasting money on needless things.

You are better off at your age than me & my DF was. We just surpassed he million dollar mark and yes, it does feel good. Just keep saving regularly, live within your means and you and your family will have a very happy future.

September 2020 update: net worth 2.4M which for the first time includes 150k in cash.

I changed my job, went to a slightly higher paying, different company. Its a mixed bag of emotions.

My spouse left job after 7 years this January, starting a new position this coming monday. We bought a used car (haven't owned a car in ~20 years till now).

Hope everyone is staying safe and that we all make it through the pandemic.

I changed my job, went to a slightly higher paying, different company. Its a mixed bag of emotions.

I went through this last year. I left a company I had been with for 10 years and it was definitely emotional. Here I am a little over a year later and I still wonder if I made the right decision!

Also, congrats on the update. Still headed in the right direction.

So the OP's household is bringing in approx $500k/year. Im surprised your net worth isnt significantly higher.

So the OP's household is bringing in approx $500k/year. Im surprised your net worth isnt significantly higher.

I think it includes one time severance, and it seems like there was a bump in comp in 2019.

Either way, I think they are doing a wonderful job!

Hi All,

Our net worth for November 2020 is 2.6M, with about 134k in cash. Mostly due to Mr Market but also luckily we did not panic sell back in feb/march.

Hoping this winter is a mildish one and that the pandemic gets under control soon. Best wishes to everyone.

It sure is fun being in a bull market!

I calculated some numbers a few days. We retired 2-1/2 years ago, since then, we have spent $270k, but our NW has increased $345k. When my daughters finishes Dental school (one more year) our expenses will decrease about $65k a year.

Congratulations! surprised to see that your post dated back to year 2013 with half million and now it is 3.3M.

Congratulations! surprised to see that your post dated back to year 2013 with half million and now it is 3.3M.

It’s a very nice surprise but there is nothing out of the ordinary for it. We have been saving diligently and of course the bull market has helped tremendously.

July 2021 end yodate

3.4 million now for net worth after the recent burst in the market.

Very impressive! You are accumulating at a great time. So, with 3.4M, have you changed your retirement plans?

Barely squeaked to 3.5M Aug end 2021
I wonder how much of that 1 million increase from last summer was from compensation and how much was from Mr market.

We are still at 3.62m at the end of January. It’s been slightly rough with the market going down but we persevere.

Back
Top Bottom