This weather is awful - 2024 to ?

There's some crazy weather coming across the Upper Midwest. Today was 70. Overnight low is 14 with snow predicted. Tomorrow high of 25.

70 degrees for a high today. Before the sun rises Wednesday we will have fresh snow on the ground and wind chills in the single digits.

About the same here, except I don't think our wind chills will get that low. This temp graph is going to look somewhat unbelievable in about 12-15 hours. We are south of the storms so the temp swing here hasn't started here yet. Saw online that western Illinois temps fell 40° in an hour.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 7.56.28 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 7.56.28 PM.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 5
33 F this morning when I was walking the dog in the dark. It's going up to 65 F this afternoon and will be in the 80's later this week.

I proclaim winter is over in Texas!:cool:

Ha ha hit 99 here today. Forecast was for 97. Cold front coming through tomorrow fortunately.

Anyway the plants said winter was over 2 weeks ago.

There's some crazy weather coming across the Upper Midwest. Today was 70. Overnight low is 14 with snow predicted. Tomorrow high of 25.

My old stomping grounds. Don't miss those days at all.

This morning's mother nature's spring wash was spectacular. Heavy rain 40+ MPH winds for several hours. Roads are now nice and clean of winter's salt and gravel. Was a genuine gullywasher.

Yesterday we had Sun, Rain, Hail and Snow! Sheesh.

Today's high was 85F, and it was in the 80's almost all day long. :cool:

Right now it's 53F outside, with predictions of a sudden cold spell and cold rain tomorrow. BRRR!!!! This weather is CRAZY! :LOL:

Then Friday we have 91% chance of rain, thunderstorms all day long. :peace:

If anybody doesn't end up with a bad cold or flu after having the temperatures jerked around like this, they are very lucky IMO.

Our son just sent us a picture from his home in Reno. Highway 80 from Sacramento to Reno is closed due to snow

Attachments

• Reno snow.jpg
    Reno snow.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 5
Our son just sent us a picture from his home in Reno. Highway 80 from Sacramento to Reno is closed due to snow

The last time I left the house was Friday. The amount of snow is incredible and it snowed 5 feet in the mountains and they are getting more tonight. The ski resorts closed and it’s windy in the mountains. Our wind was awful Thursday and blew a tree down in our courtyard. The tree was big and really tall.

Been brown almost all winter but got about 3 inches of snow today. It will be gone in a few days. It will be good moisture for the area. Roads are bad and most likely most of tomorrow.

Last edited:
All of the snow out west. And wild fires in Texas. Be safe out there everyone!

Our upcoming road trip could be interesting - we're going through both.

75° yesterday and today in northern Illinois before temps go back into the 50's. Good thing no snow coming here because the winch that operates the plow on my side by side is malfunctioning.

Last edited:
It was 85 F here today.:)

We only got to 70. But I put the snow blower away for the season so we are NOT getting any more snow until maybe December. Not that we got a whole lot in the last few years anyway. If it wasn't for my back and cardiac issues I wouldn't even own a snow blower anymore. But I sure remember some times that I'd have been thrilled to have it and didn't.

We only got a little over 50 and the wind is blowing pretty good. Should be warmer and calmer tomorrow they say.

70's and 80's the next 2 weeks.

It's 64F and thunderstormed all day - - - we got 2" of rain total, today. We have a flash flood warning, but our particular houses have never flooded since they were built back in 1965. So, we are watchful but not worried.

At times like this, we especially enjoy living next door to one another. Our houses are only 20' apart. We can still enjoy every meal together without having to go anywhere or get very wet.

Getting some rain here in northern Il. 0.63" yesterday. 0.97" so far today.

74° high yesterday. 50° forecast high for today. Not bad - could be a lot worse.

Weather is too unstable for the weather folks to get even close. They did say rain and got that right (on and off.) Temps and winds, not so much. YMMV

The atmospheric river has flowed on by. Drying out on the west coast. Skies are clearing, cherry trees continue to bloom and my creek is flowing fast.

The atmospheric river has flowed on by. Drying out on the west coast. Skies are clearing, cherry trees continue to bloom and my creek is flowing fast.

I hope the rains have filled your reservoirs. That would at least make the storms a mixed blessing.

No rain since February 11th here in Central Texas. Of course, our city has prohibited us from any outdoor water use starting on February 12th for "planned" repair work that didn't begin until February 28th. This work is supposed to continue at least to the end of March and maybe into early April. So, no sprinklers, drip irrigation, soaker hoses, or hand watering from a hose.

This isn't the first time we have been prohibited from outdoor water use since mid-2020. The city even has a way to contact them and snitch on violators. At best, we have been allowed outdoor water usage once a week (a day designated by our home address) since mid-2020.

If I wanted to be miserable about limited water use, we would have stayed in Silicon Valley.

No rain since February 11th here in Central Texas. Of course, our city has prohibited us from any outdoor water use starting on February 12th for "planned" repair work that didn't begin until February 28th. This work is supposed to continue at least to the end of March and maybe into early April. So, no sprinklers, drip irrigation, soaker hoses, or hand watering from a hose.

This isn't the first time we have been prohibited from outdoor water use since mid-2020. The city even has a way to contact them and snitch on violators. At best, we have been allowed outdoor water usage once a week (a day designated by our home address) since mid-2020.

If I wanted to be miserable about limited water use, we would have stayed in Silicon Valley.
I have spent a few seasons with severely limited water usage like that (in southern California and in Texas), years ago, and it was awful. My sympathies! It probably doesn't help but some of us know from hard personal experience what you were going through. :( Hope the rains return soon in your area.

I have spent a few seasons with severely limited water usage like that (in southern California and in Texas), years ago, and it was awful. My sympathies! It probably doesn't help but some of us know from hard personal experience what you were going through. :( Hope the rains return soon in your area.
The storm predicted to come through our area from 4am yesterday to noon today, with an anticipated rainfall of 0.5"-1", is already gone. The total rainfall for yesterday and today: 0.02". The misery continues.

The storm predicted to come through our area from 4am yesterday to noon today, with an anticipated rainfall of 0.5"-1", is already gone. The total rainfall for yesterday and today: 0.02". The misery continues.

What a rotten turn of events! Hoping for plentiful rain in your area soon.

We just had another line of storms pass through this morning. About 30 minutes of moderate rainfall, 30 mph winds and temps dropped 15 degrees. Yep seems spring may be coming early this year.

We just had another line of storms pass through this morning. About 30 minutes of moderate rainfall, 30 mph winds and temps dropped 15 degrees. We had a cold January, moderate February and March has been warmer than usual, so far. Trees are all blooming. Yep, seems spring may be coming early this year.

Back
Top Bottom