unpairing a remote?

Music Lover

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I thought I had a simple problem but I can't find a solution. I tried the Onkyo forums but there were no topics and they're not accepting new members.

I want to unpair/unsync the remote for my Onkyo receiver from my Proscan TV. Currently when the receiver volume is changed using the Onkyo remote it also changes the volume on the TV at the same time. I want the TV volume to remain off all the time as we are listening to the audio through a 3.1 speaker setup. The TV doesn't have a "speaker off" setting which would have provided a workaround.

Any ideas?

I control our sound bar using the cable TV remote. Using the TV remote I just lowered the TV sound to 0.

I control our sound bar using the cable TV remote. Using the TV remote I just lowered the TV sound to 0.
The problem is that the receiver remote changes the volume on both the receiver and TV at the same time. I want the TV to remain at 0 or muted when the receiver volume is changed.

So, the receiver does not have its own remote? Does the remote have a selector position to operate either the TV or rcvr?

Otherwise, I don't see any solution exxept to open the TV and physically disconnect it's speaker. Maybe someome else has a better idea.

I figured it out. The receiver menu has a category called "hardware" with a sub menu called "audio OSB". I turned that to off and now the remote controls the receiver only.

Heck, I was going to suggest that you 'pair' it to another brand TV... then it would not change the volume of your TV...

Always a workaround....

Back
Top Bottom