Baseball 2024

The relatively smooth forum software update here contrasts with that at yahoo's fantasy baseball, where ill-fated, unnecessary user-interface changes over the past month have made that game inoperable for many. Yahoo waited until people had signed up for the baseball season before unleashing untested mods they've been unwilling or unable to fix. It feels as if they are trying to kill off their game, which is sad to see.

The relatively smooth forum software update here contrasts with that at yahoo's fantasy baseball, where ill-fated, unnecessary user-interface changes over the past month have made that game inoperable for many. Yahoo waited until people had signed up for the baseball season before unleashing untested mods they've been unwilling or unable to fix. It feels as if they are trying to kill off their game, which is sad to see.

What kind of changes has Yahoo Fantasy Baseball done that has messed up the user interface? I've been doing Yahoo Fantasy Baseball since 2001 and it looks mostly the same as it did in the previous couple of years in my league.

You're lucky. A "Select an edition" box is overlaying and obscuring game content, and cannot be removed. Pending Roster changes are no longer displayed above the roster and cannot be accessed except by turning off style sheets. A non-functional, redundant Position column has been added. Essential data has been shifted so far to the right that excessive horizontal scrolling is needed to read it. There's more. Reports about this to yahoo go ignored. I'd guess new and not very skilled people are handling the UI this year. Such mods should have been tested and finished before people committed to the game for the season.

There was a 2 hour delay at the Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks game last night at Chase Field in Phoenix. The problem? A fairly large beehive behind home plate built into the top of the protective netting. The Diamondbacks won the game in extra innings 4-3.

Bees-at-Chase-Field-043024.jpg
Bees-at-Chase-Field2-043024.jpg

Coincidentally, the section marker on the stairwell, section 315, was the same section I sat in for three World Series games last October/November. You can see my viewpoint from the World Series by visiting my profile and viewing my profile banner picture.

Last edited:
And they let the beekeeper throw out the first pitch! Very cool. I can't determine which is more strange at Chase this year: the beehive or the rained-out exhibition game in a desert stadium with a retractable roof :).

Back
Top Bottom