Errors when trying to edit and post a reply

Sojourner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Starting yesterday, I have not been able to post replies to threads or to edit my reply text using the little buttons in the bar just above the text (e.g., the B (for bold text), I (for italics), etc.) When I click any of those buttons, nothing happens at all. And when I click the Reply button, a message pops up saying "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please enter a valid message."

I am using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 11. I have restarted Chrome several times, cleared my cache, and have disabled my ad blocker, all to no avail. I am posting this message from the Brave browser, which doesn't have these issues. Any ideas as to what might be going on here?

I reported the issue to the help desk.

Starting yesterday, I have not been able to post replies to threads or to edit my reply text using the little buttons in the bar just above the text (e.g., the B (for bold text), I (for italics), etc.) When I click any of those buttons, nothing happens at all. And when I click the Reply button, a message pops up saying "Oops! We ran into some problems. Please enter a valid message."

I am using the latest version of Chrome on Windows 11. I have restarted Chrome several times, cleared my cache, and have disabled my ad blocker, all to no avail. I am posting this message from the Brave browser, which doesn't have these issues. Any ideas as to what might be going on here?
Do you have any browser addons (extensions) that may have been updated? They sometimes can cause conflicts...

I am using chrome/windows and so far in testing have not seen issues but anything is possible ;)

Last edited:
I do have a number of extensions running. I'll try disabling them one by one.

Well, turns out it was an extension! Problem seems to be resolved now that it's disabled. (Note: It's not a publicly available extension, so no one else will be or could be affected by it. Just a private one I wrote years ago for fun.)

Back
Top Bottom