Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

Janet H

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
In the past day, we've been working to update the forum to a new software platform and we've been offline. Welcome back! The new forum software is called Xenforo and there are some new features and functions.

LOGIN CHANGE:
Your account can be accessed by logging in with your e-mail address or username (that displays on posts) plus the password for your account. If you are having trouble with this and can't get through the password reset process, you can click the contact link at the bottom of the page to reach out for help.

If you've set up a new account because you couldn't access your old one let us know. We can consolidate these and get you logged back into your old account.

There are many new features and I encourage you to wander around, test things out and then visit your profile and do some updating. Please keep in mind that changes and adjustments are still being made and so views will become more refined over the next few days.

Update your profile:
  • Consider uploading a new avatar (little pic next to your posts). The new site accommodates larger images and old avatars are looking a little tired. Avatars will automatically resize - choose a good one!
  • Update your signature if needed
  • Add a profile banner - larger image that displays on your profile page
Mobile viewing
The site runs well on small screens. Try it out on the road, and use your regular login - no app required. Set a bookmark for the site on mobile for fast access and look for push notifications (coming soon) to stay up to date.

Thread marking:
The forum remembers what you have already read and will display new unread threads as bolded or when you click into an ongoing thread, takes you to unread content BUT: You may need to Mark a forum "read" for this to work correctly moving forward. The conversion could not "remember" what you have already seen and so initially all threads may appear as unread. To do this, open a forum and look for the link at the top of the list of threads to "Mark Read". Alternatively, use the 'Mark Forums Read' link at the top of the page to mark all.

1714004138534.png

There are many things still being tweaked and fiddled with and you will continue to see some changes but we wanted to get back online as soon as possible - thanks in advance for your patience.

Still under construction:
New Forum 101 Thread (how to navigate the board and configure accounts)
Line spacing issues
More items as they are discovered
Smilies config

Post up if you have questions - we're all learning

Last edited:
The new look and feel is much like a car forum I use a lot. Should be a short learning curve but it will be a while before I'm as comfortable navigating the new features. I had the other SW features down pretty well..

I like to check the total posts listed by member from time to time. The old link doesn't work anymore. Is there a new link available?

so far so good, glad the Latest Posts feature carried over, wish more sites did that

It's going to take some getting used to, but you can say that about anything that changes. The old look had been around for as long as I could remember, so it was a bit of a jolt at first. But, I'll get used to it!

To post a video, click on the 3 dots next to the smiley. That opens up another menu. Click on the film symbol and then paste the link in there. Works like a charm.

I like the new look and feel. Good job. On my phone, I can now save the app on my home screen for quick access. I don't think the previous version allowed me to do so.

This will take a little getting used to but it is now more of a modern forum. My observations:
  • I changed my browser zoom from 150% to 125% - the old forum had quite small text.
  • Dark Reader is also good for this forum format - it is very bright otherwise.
  • For some reason this particular thread keeps disappearing from and then reappearing in the "new posts" view. I hope that is not regular behavior.

Xenforo……. Sounds like something I need to ask my doctor about.

Nice job. Time to do some cyber exploration of the site. I’m on another site that uses the same software and it works well for me. The mods seem to have activated a few conveneince options here that the other site did not.

As one who has installed a few new IT systems to replace an old one, I am impressed at the smoothness of this transition. Good job.

I'm seeing a semi-transparent strip running along the bottom of the screen. Is there a purpose to it that I don't understand?

Looks nice, easy to adapt. Hopefully beneficial to owners and mods.

I like the updated look even if it will take a little time to get used to. Thanks for the smooth transition.

I never had ads before and now have 2 running towards the bottom of the screen. If I close one out another pops up.

Very nice! Thank you for the hard work and successful refresh!!

Looking nice!

I confess, out of habit I forget you were down the past couple days and clicked on the website bookmark a few times. Guess I'm addicted to here :popcorn:.

I like that you can just cut and paste images now. That might be bad though, especially in the Funny Joke Thread.

Back
Top Bottom