Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

This will take a little getting used to but it is now more of a modern forum. My observations:
  • I changed my browser zoom from 150% to 125% - the old forum had quite small text.
  • Dark Reader is also good for this forum format - it is very bright otherwise.
  • For some reason this particular thread keeps disappearing from and then reappearing in the "new posts" view. I hope that is not regular behavior.
it is behaving as intended. if it has not had a reply after you viewed it, it then drops off the "new Posts" because it is no longer new for you.
Then somebody replies and bingo. Back to your new list.

For folks getting the transparent bar, its supposed to be an ad. Your ad-block is making the ad a transparent bar in it's best "college try' of not annoying you with the content of the ad. A small price to pay?

For folks getting the transparent bar, its supposed to be an ad. Your ad-block is making the ad a transparent bar in it's best "college try' of not annoying you with the content of the ad. A small price to pay?
Oh ok. On other forums I belong to I don't get that when ads are blocked. But not a biggie.

Edit: I only get this on my Chromebook. Nothing on my IPad so I can use it if it bothers me. I’m actually using it more….no sure why I picked up the cb this morning. Ha

Last edited:
"Similar threads" at bottom is pulling up many threads not similar, maybe the board takes time to learn keywords?

This will take a little getting used to but it is now more of a modern forum. My observations:
  • I changed my browser zoom from 150% to 125% - the old forum had quite small text.
  • Dark Reader is also good for this forum format - it is very bright otherwise.
  • For some reason this particular thread keeps disappearing from and then reappearing in the "new posts" view. I hope that is not regular behavior.

When you go to What's New, it shows all recent threads in the "Latest Threads" section. If you click on New Posts, then it adds a filter for "Unread threads". I suspect you're toggling between those two views and that's why this thread is disappearing and reappearing in your lists.

To make the "New Posts" screen act like the old Portal view, you can go to Filters on the right side of that dark blue header bar and click the down arrow to expand the options. Uncheck "Unread threads" and check "Save as default".

Really like the new theme and upgrade. Developers did a nice job of polishing the UI.

I'm an old fart so it is instinctive to dislike change so I go out of my way to go against my instincts and see the glass half full. This philosophy has kept me marketable in my profession as I never wanted to be "that old fart who can't deal with new stuff"

Other than the oversized font (corrected by ctrl-"minus sign" in my browser the entire package looks good so far.

No matter what thread I open, it just sits on post #1. It no longer takes me to the first post I haven't read in the thread.

No matter what thread I open, it just sits on post #1. It no longer takes me to the first post I haven't read in the thread.
If it is a multi-page thread, the page numbers are there below the thread title. Click on the last number and it takes you to the last page of the thread. Not to the last post but at least you are on the right page.

If it is a multi-page thread, the page numbers are there below the thread title. Click on the last number and it takes you to the last page of the thread. Not to the last post but at least you are on the right page.
Maybe. If a busy thread went multiple pages since your last viewing, going to the last page would not be the right page to catch up on all new posts. But like I said it seems to be working right for me.

Maybe. If a busy thread went multiple pages since your last viewing, going to the last page would not be the right page to catch up on all new posts. But like I said it seems to be working right for me.
yes you have to parse that out when you get on the current last page. Might need a little backpeddling.

OK, so it looks like for any old thread (created before the change), the first time you click on it it starts at page 1, post 1. I *think* after that it will take you to the first unread post.

For new threads, it takes you to the first unread post.

Update your profile:
  • Consider uploading a new avatar (little pic next to your posts). The new site accommodates larger images and old avatars are looking a little tired. Avatars will automatically resize - choose a good one!
I took your advice and updated my avatar with a larger image, but I did have one question.

What does it mean when it says under "Privacy" in the "Your Account" section, that there is a choice of settings for "View Identities"?

Is it me or are some threads not being updated when one views them. I.E.: when viewing for a subsequent time, it still defaults to the first post as opposed to the last? This is happening to me consistently on the Best CD, MM Rates ..... thread.

It appears to be working now. All Good.

PS. Is there a delete post available to users?

Last edited:
Does the new software have an "iSpy" function to view new posts?
Not at the moment. This was a fancy rss feed and it's on the list of things that need some attention.

For those who commented about the transparent bar at the bottom of the page - that was an ad being blocked by your browser. Ads are still being adjusted BUT if you are logged in the only place you'll see them (once we have this sorted out) is in the side bar (as before).

Folks not logged in bear the brunt of the advertising - login; the view is better ;)

Back
Top Bottom