Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

Looks nice, something else to play around with and learn :).

To post a video, click on the 3 dots next to the smiley. That opens up another menu. Click on the film symbol and then paste the link in there. Works like a charm.
Even simpler - paste the URL of a YouTube video into a post - no fancy footwork needed. It will render without any other action needed.

I have a see through blank strip about 1" wide above my tool bar that I'm not sure of its purpose.
Above your toolbar:confused:

The only thing above the toolbar is the graphic header image:

1714062760697.png

Love the new look! Excellent work. Easier to read and navigate. I'm glad to see a new logo. Finally--a Like button. Should be fun to surf around the site.

Last edited:
I never had ads before and now have 2 running towards the bottom of the screen. If I close one out another pops up.
This is being adjusted and should not be visible when you are logged in. (you may need to refresh the view)

congrats on a smooth migration.
Was the DB conversion odious or fairly streamlined?

Tell us more about the profile banner image. Looking at Janet H's profile banner it appears to be a rectangular image that spans the entire width of the site. Is this correct? What is the optimal size?

Great job on your migration! Thank you for all the hard work!

With the old system, when I typed early-retirement.org on my browser, the default screen that came up was a new post screen. It now brings up the main forum screen. Any way to change my default portal screen to new posts, like we had with the old system?

Is it me or are some threads not being updated when one views them. I.E.: when viewing for a subsequent time, it still defaults to the first post as opposed to the last? This is happening to me consistently on the Best CD, MM Rates ..... thread.

It appears to be working now. All Good.

PS. Is there a delete post available to users?
It's very inconsistent for me. Sometimes it defaults to post #1, and sometimes it takes me to the last post. I'm hoping this gets worked out soon - or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Last edited:
I hope we will still be able to delete our posts too. That was useful if something was not applicable anymore.

Did Private Messages go somewhere? I don't see them.

Great job on your migration! Thank you for all the hard work!

With the old system, when I typed early-retirement.org on my browser, the default screen that came up was a new post screen. It now brings up the main forum screen. Any way to change my default portal screen to new posts, like we had with the old system?
The old portal page is no more BUT you could set a new bookmark for the "All Threads" link which will look similar: New posts

1714065669056.png

Did Private Messages go somewhere? I don't see them.
They were all retained. This software calls them "conversations" and you can find them under the envelope icon in the top right

1714065825583.png

Attachments

• 1714065783170.png
    1714065783170.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 5
Tell us more about the profile banner image. Looking at Janet H's profile banner it appears to be a rectangular image that spans the entire width of the site. Is this correct? What is the optimal size?
The Profile banner is a large, wide image. It only displays on your profile page, and you can upload or change the image as desired. Choose a large image at least 1000 pixels wide. You'll be able to crop the vertical display once the image is uploaded (slide it around). Small images will be stretched to fill the space and look pixelated.

They were all retained. This software calls them "conversations" and you can find them under the envelope icon in the top right

View attachment 50814

Thank you very much!

And thanks to all of you who did the hard work of updating the site!

I'm a little curmudgeonette who doesn't do well with change, but it's making me use my few remaining brain cells to figure out how it works and what goes where, so that's a good thing! :)

I actually prefer the Latest Posts page on my smartphone, no scrolling or realizing needed, just drag down to trigger an update...
The latest posts, what's new and the all threads link each work a little differently. Most will only show you new content that you haven't yet read. The All Threads view doesn't take that into account. It's unaffected by your latest activity

I generally don't like when interfaces change, because usually some function I use goes away. But the team seems to have done a really good job on this. Any differences seem to be minor. The only thing I don't care so much about is that it takes more scrolling to read a page, probably because of the avatar sizes, as already mentioned.

Thank you to the admins for making this change a smooth process for us.

The page view is more open (more scrolling). In part this is avatars, but mostly it's the underlying software design. Line spacing in posts is more open as well.

Back
Top Bottom