Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

Looks great. As a resident dinosaur, I sorta prefer knowing where everything is and not needing to learn a new platform. I notice a lot more ads that are fairly intrusive. Is there a way to get rid of all that?

@Ronstar There are drop-down menus on the reply editor. The embedded media option is under the drop-down

1714077322609.png

Love the new look. It is brighter and easier to read. Thanks. I added a bookmark to the homepage on my iPad, so this replaces the app that I was accustomed to using.

@Ronstar There are drop-down menus on the reply editor. The embedded media option is under the drop-down

View attachment 50824
Yes - that's where I tried it. I'm in 2 or 3 other forums like ER's new setup. I have similar issues with at least 1 of them. Not a big deal. Only presents a problem when you want to post a pic bigger than what the forum software accepts. Then the link works best. Imgur has a few different file link formats. I'll try a few of these. I'll let you know what I find. It may take a couple of days.

Like the new setup so far! The prev setup was pretty old school and had very small fonts.

One odd thing I see: With the page number links (1, 2), the current page you are on is a link instead of just plain text. So I have to read the url to see which page I'm on. You don't always know what page you are on when you are taken to the "last unread" on a thread.

🍻
My page list has a faint box around the current page number and it also has a Next button. Here's what it looks like on my computer.

1714078788150.png

On a phone it looks like this.
1714078866659.png

Well, not a big fan... way too much graphic... why do people think that a lot of graphic makes things look better?

Also, when I get to the bottom of the screen used to be able to hit the number for the next page... well, not anymore... have to scroll back to the top and go to next page..

BTW, I was a user that never did go to the green version of the last update... I kept the blue version and loved it... new is not always progress...

Also, when I get to the bottom of the screen used to be able to hit the number for the next page... well, not anymore... have to scroll back to the top and go to next page..

The page numbers are at the bottom of the last post on the screen and over to the left. They aren't at the bottom of the page.

1714084602244.png

Below the 'latest posts' list there is a blank column that takes up maybe 30% of my page width. Is there any way to remove it?

Below the 'latest posts' list there is a blank column that takes up maybe 30% of my page width. Is there any way to remove it?
If you disable your ad blocker you'll see that the space is occupied ;)

Layout is definitely worse on my machine, presumably I'll get used to the UI change, but right now the pages are harder to read for me, off to try out a thread and see...

We're still making some adjustments to line spacing.
Thanks. I'm sure it was a lot of work to do this conversion but it is hard for me to use this way what with the setup I have. The top banner stuff takes up SO MUCH ROOM. I'd very much like to turn off the avatars.

I have some old PMs that I want to keep.

Today I sent some PMs and it works great, but I can't figure out how to delete today's PMs.

it is behaving as intended. if it has not had a reply after you viewed it, it then drops off the "new Posts" because it is no longer new for you.
Then somebody replies and bingo. Back to your new list.
So where does go? Where can I find a thread that I'm interested in after I looked at it yesterday and nobody has since replied? I found the portal quite useful like that.

So where does go? Where can I find a thread that I'm interested in after I looked at it yesterday and nobody has since replied? I found the portal quite useful like that.

Yea, I was looking at this, then playing with the new forum. Tried to go back here to comment and it was gone. Anyway, I think it was Cathy63 that pointed out the fix. When first in "new posts" on the right of the top blue bar is filters. Go in there, unclick "unread threads" and click make this default below.

OH, and it doesn't go anywheres - it lives in whatever subforum it was posted in. I never used those myself, except to start a new thread.

I like the new look I will just have to play around on here and figure everything out but nice and bright great job.

Just a comment reading through this thread.

You'll get more help for your glitches if you say what system you are using to view the forum.
  • Hardware: PC (Win or Linux), Chromebook, Mac, iPhone, Android phone?
  • Browser: Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox, other?
  • Software: adblockers, VPN, privacy suite, browser extensions?
  • Are you logged in or in guest mode?

How do I delete all Alerts (Bell) in upper right hand. I check as Read but they never disappear.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom