Forum Update - We're back! Ask your questions here.

How do I delete all Alerts (Bell) in upper right hand. I check as Read but they never disappear.
Thanks
Touch the Alerts icon, then touch the dot(s) to the right of each alert.

A faster way is touch the Mark Forums Read but not sure that’s what you want.

Last edited:
Is there an equivalent to the "Post Feed" feature on the old version? I found it was useful at times.

I had the old forum set to 100 posts per page and most recent post at the top. Can I set this forum to that option? That avoids a lot of scrolling/paging for me.

And it seems that now, if I return to thread I've read, it take me to post#1, whereas the old forum took me to the last post I read?

I just noticed, the "quote" command is buried under the vertical "..." - that's something that is used often, can it be placed at the top level (like "img", "link", etc)? Oh, "underline " is burried also, but that has the cntrl-u shortcut, so not so bad.

What is the little number in paratheses on the tab? I'm on windows 10, firefox. It seems to duplicate the number by the bell but is separate.

Wow... just looked... 42 blocked ads!!!

What is the little number in paratheses on the tab? I'm on windows 10, firefox. It seems to duplicate the number by the bell but is separate.
that is it. you can fine tune what will set an alert, and then glance at the tab and see somebody has replied to your thread, for example.

Thank you very much!!! I will check evert Alert option.

I just did touch all dots in Alert to Read and they still show up. Even if I leave and come back still there.

At the bottom of the Alert window is "Show all - Mark read - Preferences". Try the Mark read.
I tried that first and that didn't work either. I go to an auto forum with this same structure and that is all I have to do in that site. Just hit Mark Read and then they are gone.

Thanks you very much I do appreciate your time helping me..

The “like” feature is pretty cool. There’s also a notification when one’s post has been quoted. Nice!

There is also another new I like. When a member starts a thread and subsequently posts in it, their posts show “OP” across the upper left corner of the avatar.

All of these are features requested by forum members in the past.

I tried that first and that didn't work either. I go to an auto forum with this same structure and that is all I have to do in that site. Just hit Mark Read and then they are gone.

Thanks you very much I do appreciate your time helping me..
Strange, when I open the Alerts the little number goes away, forever, until a new alert is activated.

Interesting!! I have two pages of Alerts and can't seem to get rid of them. I logged out and then logged back in tried everything again no dice.
Thank You very much.

Sorry, there is no post feed option with the new forum SW

No biggie. The "What's New" tab functions almost the same as "Post Feed."

The more I play around here the better I like the upgrade. Good job.

How do I delete all Alerts (Bell) in upper right hand. I check as Read but they never disappear.
Thanks
Go to the upper right hand corner of the screen and click on the bell icon near your name. In the dropdown panel, choose preferences. That will bring up your notification and communication preferences. Scroll down the page until you see a long list of boxes with checks in them, indicating you want to be notified whenever that thing occurs. The default is all, so you need to uncheck the alerts you don't want.

That is a very helpful feature. I posted about it up there. If you have multiple tabs browsing, that alert # shows on the tab.

That is a very helpful feature. I posted about it up there. If you have multiple tabs browsing, that alert # shows on the tab.
I don't like it at all as I have plenty of open tabs alerting me for other things. But I will adjust my alert preferences. Thanks. I can collect my alerts later instead of instantly. I was surprised to see them from 2023 that I didn't know I had.

Last edited:
Is there a way to show/hide the right column? It takes up a lot of space, and scrolling is already an issue with the way vertical space is used.
9 <<<< for ref, even a one line post will take as much vert space as a 9 line post, plus the header.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom