Joe Biden has Covid

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieIG

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Hopefully, it will be mild and he will recover quickly without residuals.

It is being reported that he is being given Paxlovid.

I also heard he's getting the Paxlovid. So far his symptoms are mild and the White House has promised a daily update on his condition. I suspect he's been pretty careful and perhaps this just goes to show how easily these latest Covid variants can be transmitted.

I heard that his dr needs to adjust his cholesterol and blood thinner medications in order for the president to take Paxlovid. I didn’t know that an infected person’s existing medications need to be adjusted in order to take Covid treatment, but it makes sense.

I heard that his dr needs to adjust his cholesterol and blood thinner medications in order for the president to take Paxlovid. I didn’t know that an infected person’s existing medications need to be adjusted in order to take Covid treatment, but it makes sense.

Yes, there are a number of drug interactions involving Paxlovid (per my sister a family practice doc).

Apparently, Paxlovid has interactions with quite a few drugs so adjustments are recommended. This link gives a simple explanation of why but basically the Ritonavir component inhibits a liver enzyme that would otherwise break down the Nirmatrelvir component too quickly to be effective against Covid-19. But that enzyme is also key to breaking down many other drugs, hence the need for dose adjustments. https://www.express-scripts.com/pharmacy/blog/pfizers-covid-19-pill-and-medication-interactions

When DH had Covid and took Paxlovid, he had to quit taking one of his medications while he was taking it. I think it was the statin that he had to stop taking.

I took Paxlovid last month when I had Covid, my symptoms were gone in 2 days, cannot say whether Paxlovid was primarily responsible for quick recovery. 61 and triple vaxxed.

How can old Joe get covid. He is vaxxed to the max?

How can old Joe get covid. He is vaxxed to the max?

My understanding and a fact that seems to have been memory-holed, is that the vax does not make you immune a la measles, chicken pox, small pox, polio et al. It just makes you less likely to get really sick and need hospitalization. Maybe there's been a change to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom