Perfect computer mouse for clumsy old lady

W2R

Moderator Emeritus
I am old (76 next month), and clumsier than anyone could possibly believe. When I am on the internet, posting on exciting threads like this one:2funny: , I get carried away and tend to either drop or actually accidently THROW my mouse on the floor. Yes, it doesn't take much to excite me. LOL

Anyway, I found a great Verbatim wired mouse on Amazon for someone like me, and it might also be good for children who frequently break their mouse. It's only $5.99 and it's corded so when it rolls under the furniture, I can just pull on the cord instead of getting down on the floor to retrieve it. I buy a couple of these each year, and bought two more just now. Thought maybe somebody else would like to know about this mouse for their grandmother or grandkids.

When I look at this or any of the Verbatim mouses, I get the message, "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." The only time I've seen that message in the past was when looking at certain TV tuner/recorder boxes, apparently because I'm in Illinois. Anyway, no problem if I select Logitech mouses or other Verbatim products like USB drives from the same seller. Strange.
1715108681989.png

I have an Amazon Basics wireless mouse and when I drop it off the recliner, my dog thinks its food and quickly locates it. But he won't pick it up! :banghead:

When I look at this or any of the Verbatim mouses, I get the message, "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." The only time I've seen that message in the past was when looking at certain TV tuner/recorder boxes, apparently because I'm in Illinois.
Wow, that's insane! It's as though they are saying Illinois isn't even in the country. I'd be furious. Well, I suppose you could get the Amazon Basics mouse. It is almost as good, and I think it's just a buck or two more. But still, what an insult to Illinois!!! :mad:

I have an Amazon Basics wireless mouse and when I drop it off the recliner, my dog thinks its food and quickly locates it. But he won't pick it up! :banghead:
See? You need a corded mouse so you can retrieve it before your dog even gets involved. :2funny:

See? You need a corded mouse so you can retrieve it before your dog even gets involved. :2funny:
I could just see the reactions if I were to take him to dog training school to learn to pick up a wireless mouse and hand it to me! :2funny:

Depends on how much time you spend on the computer. I couldn't handle a crappy mouse. But, it's only $6, never hurts to have a back up. Give it a try.

You may want to consider a vertical mouse. I had Carpal Tunnel at w*rk due to a conventional mouse & doc recommended a vertical. Much easier to use too.

An Apple Magic Mouse is what we use now (gee, we have Macs). The built in track pad is indispensable. It should pair with any computer.

_B

Before I retired I used a wireless mouse with a wireless touch pad. Mouse on the right, pad on the left. Yes, you can use them at the same time. Wireless keyboard too, I did not want all those wires on my desk.

I have a track pad, but this looks like a simple mouse to use for those who need one.

I personally dislike track-balls and track-pads compared to using a real mouse. My laptops all have track-pads, and I usually endure using it during my limited time on those, but I much prefer the regular wireless desktop mouse on my desktop computer for more efficient use, especially when using for longer time periods.

Thanks for the suggestion, OldShooter, but like GenXguy I really hate track-balls. I have turned off the track-pad on my laptop. Paying the staggering sum of $5.99 once or twice a year for a wired Verbatim mouse seems to work for me and provide a "happier solution" so to speak.

I've been using a LOGITECH mouse that I bought from Goodwill a few years ago for 50 cents. Best mouse I've ever had. The ones that came with my Apple computers lasted about 6 months. This one just keeps going. I'm not crazy about the fact that the thing "lights up" red, but as long as it keeps w*rking, I'll keep using it.

I hate pads and balls. I'm strictly a mouse guy.

When I look at this or any of the Verbatim mouses, I get the message, "This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location." The only time I've seen that message in the past was when looking at certain TV tuner/recorder boxes, apparently because I'm in Illinois. Anyway, no problem if I select Logitech mouses or other Verbatim products like USB drives from the same seller. Strange.
View attachment 50965
I live in Illinois and get the same thing. I did a google on the problem. Some say it is due to the seller not having a presence (tax ID) here, or a bad shipping address. Well, the seller and delivery are by Amazon and they deliver here at least weekly, if not more. I checked and other corded mice are not shipping restricted. Some people replied even said to try shipping to the local Post Office address. I tried that and it would not ship there. I also checked The Amazon "Verbatim Store" and had no restrictions on delivery of a BT tracker tag for keyrings. Very odd.

I've had consistent good luck with the HP wireless mice, they seem to last two or three years before wearing out and getting erratic in behavior. I can't imagine what wears out in a wireless mouse besides the battery, but apparently something does. But they don't cost enough to get obsessed about it.

I've had consistent good luck with the HP wireless mice, they seem to last two or three years before wearing out and getting erratic in behavior. I can't imagine what wears out in a wireless mouse besides the battery, but apparently something does. But they don't cost enough to get obsessed about it.
For me, on my last couple wireless mouses and last wired mouse, it's been the left mouse buttons wearing out. Batteries can be replaced easily, but buttons are not really worth replacing on a $10 mouse.

I used a cheap wired mouse for the same reason. I just order 2 at a time so I have a spare once I break one.

Reactions: W2R
Back
Top Bottom