• I didn’t watch Dune and won’t watch Dune 2

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • I didn’t watch Dune but might watch Dune 2

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I like bacon, or polls, or maybe this poll could be better worded

Votes: 11 8.8%

• Total voters

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
For fans the wait is over, Dune Part 2 was released today. I’ll go watch it in the local cinema, it is definitely a “big screen” production.

Watching films in the threader has fallen out of favor for forum members and many others, and I wonder if this film is enough to get people pack in the theatre, at least for one film.

I am thinking so. I watched the first part on the little screen, but this does seem worth it.

I’ve been looking forward to Dune II but I’ll probably wait until I can stream it. I’ll want to rewatch Dune I, it’s been so long I’ve forgotten most of it.

I’ve been looking forward to Dune II but I’ll probably wait until I can stream it. I’ll want to rewatch Dune I, it’s been so long I’ve forgotten most of it.

+1

Yes, I’m also going to rewatch Dune the day before going to see Dune 2

Yes! I want to see the desert and sandworms on the big screen.

Dune is some of if not the best science fiction ever written. This is the best on screen depiction so far.

Didn't see Dune 1 in the theater. I bought the 4K blu-ray and watched it on my 77" LG OLED. Looked fantastic. I also have a nice 5.1 surround sound system with a big subwoofer. Sounds great.

Despite having a very good home theater system I will definitely be going to the theater to see this one.

$8.50 at Marcus for military vets! Taking my dad Tuesday. I also buy the Marcus popcorn bin as we tend to go to about 7ish movies a year and I get popcorn every time. It's my thing.

Comes out to about $27/28 per movie that DW and I go to.

I've watched all the Dune Series and watched the first Dune movie in my home theater with pops. Should be fun!

No Dune. No Dune II. (I read the novels as a kid and. as I recalled, liked the first one the best.)

I have tickets for tomorrow afternoon!

I re-read the mainline series (not all the spinoffs about various families)... 6 very long, but very entertaining books. Read them during the covid lockdown.

I wish this was being done as a 2 parter, rather than a 3 parter... but the book itself was super long. Can't imagine they'll do all 6 books if it takes 3 movies for 1 book.

Going in the afternoon, and got my senior discount... So an inexpensive outing.

IMAX showing for me. However, my local AMC multiplex isn’t scheduling shows before 3:00 PM on weekdays but is more than happy to schedule 11:00 PM showings during the week It boggles this retirees mind that they get any business that late as opposed to noonish. So I’ll wait a bit for crowds to die off a bit.

No interest, but DGF can't wait.

I will be watching in the theater...

I do not know why people do not go... two weeks ago I saw 4 movies in 3 days... like 6 or 7 the last 3 weeks and will be going this coming Tuesday...

I go during the day and a lot of time we are the only ones there or another couple... we get the special Tuesday rate and the half priced Margarita...

Haven't been in a theater since well before Covid, and have no intention to go back. I really like Dune 1, and will stream the new one on our 65" 4K TV. That will be plenty for me.

PS - I really liked the David Lynch version too. I acknowledge the campiness, not to mention the not quite Oscar-worthy performance by Sting. But it was a lot of fun,and if you had read the book you could sort of follow along.

PS - I really liked the David Lynch version too. I acknowledge the campiness, not to mention the not quite Oscar-worthy performance by Sting. But it was a lot of fun,and if you had read the book you could sort of follow along.

We used to parody Sting in my HS drama group. A blonde guy in our group used to just jump up and down in place maniacally shrieking "I will kill him!" and it was...representative of the silliness of the original, but I did like it.

I watched the new Dune1 streaming, and found it one of those typically dark and hard-to-hear films so common these days (no my sight and hearing are fine thank you). So at least I could pause, replay, and put on CC when needed!

My local Cinemark has $6 tuesdays, including the "fancy" style. But will probably wait for HBO to stream.

I'll likely see it in IMAX. We have a very nice IMAX theater in a relatively rural area, so midweek it won't be crowded. The problem for us that DH. is busy doing music almost every evening for the next couple of weeks. I'm more eager to go than DH, so I might go by myself.

Back
Top Bottom