Trusted Traveler renewal

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Apparently the renewal program is still using their random number generator on applications.
We recently renewed our NEXUS enrollment (actually our second renewal). Mine was approved within a few days, and hers was just renewed after over three months. I really wonder how the system works. :facepalm:

We have a regular monthly travel Group. One member said they have waited a year....their partner approved in a couple days. Absolutely random. I think I'm due in 2026

Apparently the renewal program is still using their random number generator on applications.
We recently renewed our NEXUS enrollment (actually our second renewal). Mine was approved within a few days, and hers was just renewed after over three months. I really wonder how the system works. :facepalm:
mine and our kids was renewed in days, my wife's has been pending for more than six months.

My wife's was renewed in 2 weeks, ! year later I'm still waiting. I contacted my Congresswoman to see if they can help.

TSA web site says that Global Entry includes TT privileges. I got the TT renewal email but we just renewed our Global Entry permits so I just tossed it.

TSA web site says that Global Entry includes TT privileges. I got the TT renewal email but we just renewed our Global Entry permits so I just tossed it.
Right, Global Entry includes the trusted traveler program. My Global Entry pass ID is my KTN. Did yours change by any chance?

Right, Global Entry includes the trusted traveler program. My Global Entry pass ID is my KTN. Did yours change by any chance?
I don't know what a KTN is. But the physical pass seems to be obsolete anyway. When we got home from Japan last month they just had a facial recognition gadget. No fussing with passport or fingerprints. Just look at the machine until it makes a happy noise and burps out a piece of paper. Very slick.

KTN is the Known Traveler Number. That’s what you enter into your airline ticket info that gets you the TSA pre-check among other things. If you have Global Entry the Pass ID number is your KTN.

I had heard it was taking a long time and you can renew up to a year before, so I had dh renew his last October. He heard nothing for 6 months until he final called/emailed (don't remember how he contacted them) and then was renewed a couple of days later.

So my renewal was due last month, I waited until a week before the due date. I applied Thursday and had my renewal Friday afternoon.

Who knows?

Back
Top Bottom