current favorite youtube channel

These are my favorite stock picking/evaluating UTubers. Their approach involves valuation, moat, a business you can understand, etc.

Daniel Pronk - He actually started the company Stock Unlock which sells a stock screener/portfolio tracker. They just added AI reports to the tool (for an extra fee, so I haven't used it).

Joseph Carlson - Has two (real I think) portfolios he tracks on the channel. He also wrote Qualtrim, a stock screener/portfolio tracker. Kid is doing really well.

Matt Derron - A small channel with about the same approach as the above two channels. A guy that pulled himself up essentially from poverty.

The Patient Investor - Really small channel. He goes into a bit more speculative stuff sometimes, which can be fun.

It's nice to see all of their takes on a certain stock.

These are my favorite stock picking/evaluating UTubers. Their approach involves valuation, moat, a business you can understand, etc.

Daniel Pronk - He actually started the company Stock Unlock which sells a stock screener/portfolio tracker. They just added AI reports to the tool (for an extra fee, so I haven't used it).

Joseph Carlson - Has two (real I think) portfolios he tracks on the channel. He also wrote Qualtrim, a stock screener/portfolio tracker. Kid is doing really well.

Matt Derron - A small channel with about the same approach as the above two channels. A guy that pulled himself up essentially from poverty.

The Patient Investor - Really small channel. He goes into a bit more speculative stuff sometimes, which can be fun.

It's nice to see all of their takes on a certain stock.
Do any of these guys show the results of a portfolio that follows their advice? When I looked at the first, all I saw was videos of what he's going to do, or how a single stock performed. But what are the results (compared to a Couch Potato portfolio)?

Last edited:
I am subscribed to 41 YouTube channels (tech, golf, sailing, financial, news, woodworking, F1, cars, etc.), there's no way I could pick just a few favorites, much less one. I spend quite a bit more time watching YT than broadcast TV (where I watch various sports and Jeopardy, that's about it).

Do any of these guys show the results of a portfolio that follows their advice? When I looked at the first, all I saw was videos of what he's going to do, or how a single stock performed. But what are the results (compared to a Couch Potato portfolio)?
Yes. Joseph does a weekly or monthly update on each portfolio showing you what he bought or sold (if anything) and how the portfolio is doing wrt the S&P 500. He's been doing this on one portfolio since 2017/2018, I think. Those are vids with the 6 digit number in the thumbnail.

Matt does the same thing, but his portfolio is only maybe a year or so old. He's also changed his approach during this time, so it's interesting to see his ideas change. Also, I think he has the bulk of his money in the typical low cost index fund(s).

Daniel is more about evaluating stocks, but he does mention if he owns the stock he's evaluating in a video.

BTW, they aren't really giving advice so much as showing you their thought process as they walk through the financials. They are all pretty clear that you shouldn't just follow them, but instead do you own research.

I am subscribed to 41 YouTube channels (tech, golf, sailing, financial, news, woodworking, F1, cars, etc.), there's no way I could pick just a few favorites, much less one. I spend quite a bit more time watching YT than broadcast TV (where I watch various sports and Jeopardy, that's about it).
Me too. I'd say 95% of video content I watch is YT.

BTW, one of the UTubers I mentioned above just did a video (can't find it now) on how YT is now the biggest streaming service watched on TVs.

Yes. Joseph does a weekly or monthly update on each portfolio showing you what he bought or sold (if anything) and how the portfolio is doing wrt the S&P 500. He's been doing this on one portfolio since 2017/2018, I think. Those are vids with the 6 digit number in the thumbnail.
Every video I can see has a 6 digit number in the thumbnail, and the titles all seem geared to a specific stock or market trend.

Can you give me an example?

BTW, they aren't really giving advice so much as showing you their thought process as they walk through the financials. ...
OK, and that can be interesting, but unless I see their results, what am I to make of their thought process? Maybe the answer is - do the opposite of what they say! lol.

I like first-person travel adventurers who visit out-of-the-way places. I mentioned Bald and Bankrupt in this thread -- he has scaled back his activity a bit but still posts occasionally. I've recently begin exploring the travels of Sabbatical, a New Yorker with a dry wit. He's less charming than B&B but has a knack for languages that enables him to communicate better with local people. Also, his videos are relatively short, in the 20-minute range.

I posted this on another thread. My current favorite YouTube channel is Hindley Street Country Club band. They cover songs from the 70's and 80's and are incredibly good. Watching their videos in 4K and through my home theater sound system is a real treat. Showed the band to DW and now she requests to watch them do songs.

My current favorite is 3 of 7 project.

"THE MISSION OF 3-OF-7 PROJECT IS TO PROVIDE A RESOURCE THAT GIVES YOU THE KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY TO COMPLETE YOURSELF THROUGH THE NOURISHMENT OF BODY, SOUL AND SPIRIT."

Every video I can see has a 6 digit number in the thumbnail, and the titles all seem geared to a specific stock or market trend.

Can you give me an example?
The first 3 minutes of this (older) video has a bit of detail on one of his portfolios and its performance vs the S&P 500.

He probably has a newer update but it's probably hidden within a vid talking about news/stocks/etc.

ETA: He just dropped a portfolio update/comparison video (link starts vid at start of update):

The first 2 minutes of this vid. from Matt also looks at his performance vs S&P 500.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom