Experian Phone # to talk to a person? I can't get my credit report mailed to me.

Graybeard

Full time employment: Posting here.
I have called the Free Annual Credit Report number for about 20 years, rotating every 4th month to get 3 reports per year, 1 from each agency without any problems. I searched this site but I can't find a thread about my problem. I did see that all 3 reporting bureaus now will give you a free report every week, is that still true? I'm curious about that but here is my issue.

I want to talk with a person at Experian to find out why I am not getting my credit report. Briefly this is what happened.

5/5/2024 I called the free credit report number and never received my credit report. When it read back some info I entered, I never heard my last name so I thought I screwed up. I waited 3 weeks vs the 10 days they say and it never came by mail.

5/25 I decided to request it online which I never did before. All went well, I asked for Experian but they wanted a phone number and I don't have a cell assuming they are going to text me a 2FA. I gave a Google Voice number I use for 2FA texts. It was not accepted as it really is not id'ed to me so I gave my home phone. They called and I screwed up thinking they were saying press any number to continue but press 9 if you are NOT expecting this call and in my haste I randomly hit the keypad and yep, I pressed 9! I tried to do it again online but now I was locked out "with a problem".

Frustrated by this crap, I then called the free credit report number and went through the process and everything went OK, I asked for just Experian, they repeated my correct address to mail it and was told I'd get it in 10 days. It has never arrived and it's been 17 days.

I want to get my credit report from all 3 and not write off Experian but there is no way I can call any of their phone numbers and get to a person, I tried. So is there a way to reach a customer service person to iron this out? I have composed a letter but before I mail it I thought I'd ask here.

Thanks.

Good Luck! I think these guys are the next scam on the honest masses just masked as a legitimate agency. Everyone is looking to make a buck.

Many of the credit cards provide free credit report and credit scores every month. I have a free Experian account which sends me overview of my credit history every month, and allows me to login to view the information for free. I pretty much ignore all of these before they are always in my face and they all tell me that nothing has changed, no new queries or accounts opened, except my credit score goes up and down by a few points.

If I'm not mistaken, you can just go to annualcreditreport.com in your browser and get credit reports from all three agencies instantly online, with no need to call anyone.

Here's the link. AnnualCreditReport.com

Just a heads up, but I never had an actual online account with Experian. Turns out someone had created an account for me. And changed my phone number and address so that they could get credit cards in my name. I remember that I had to call into them to get this straightened out.

This was an absolute nightmare because the phone rep was asking me to validate an account I had never set up. Asking me for personal information like my address and phone number that did not match with the account. They had no script for handling this scenario and required escalations. And it makes you feel even better when the person you are talking to is hard to understand.

I agree this is a huge scam. They make it way too easy for people to open credit cards in other people's names.

If I'm not mistaken, you can just go to annualcreditreport.com in your browser and get credit reports from all three agencies instantly online, with no need to call anyone.

Here's the link. AnnualCreditReport.com
After not getting it via a phone call (I think I was pressing button too fast and messed it up despite doing this for 15 or more years) I did that online and that is where I messed up when they asked if I was expecting "this" call to verify I was asking for my report vs someone else. That shut down the ability to get it online. Calling the number a second time has resulted in no report ever coming to me. It seems I can not get a report from Experian.

A search on gethuman.com returned two results. The first for Experian, the second for Credit Report.

Experian's Best Phone Number​

800-493-1058
Toll-free·Calls Customer Service·Most popular Experian number
Q:

How do I talk to a live human at Experian?​

A: Press 2 then 2 then 1 then 3
Q:

Does Experian offer 24 hour customer service?​

A:Not at this number; hours here are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST. The least busy day is Wednesday, and the most busy day is Tuesday.
Q:

How long will I wait on hold?​

A:The average hold time is 23 minutes. The longest hold times are on Tuesday, and the shortest are on Wednesday. How is this calculated?

Credit Report's Best Phone Number​

866-883-3309
Toll-free·Calls Customer Service·Most popular Credit Report number
Q:

How do I talk to a live human at Credit Report?​

A:Follow prompts.
Q:

Does Credit Report offer 24 hour customer service?​

A:Yes! This call center operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The least busy day is Monday, and the most busy day is Wednesday.
Q:

How long will I wait on hold?​

A:The average hold time is 4 minutes. The longest hold times are on Thursday, and the shortest are on Tuesday. How is this calculated?

Last edited:
Many of the credit cards provide free credit report and credit scores every month. I have a free Experian account which sends me overview of my credit history every month, and allows me to login to view the information for free. I pretty much ignore all of these before they are always in my face and they all tell me that nothing has changed, no new queries or accounts opened, except my credit score goes up and down by a few points.
I do this - better and easier than going to the CB's directly.

Credit Karma is one, but most major credit cards offer the same (free) services, including notifications of any change, inquiry, or score ups and downs.

Highly recommend something like this vs. the frustration of having to contact an actual credit bureau.

Credit Karma is one, but most major credit cards offer the same (free) services, including notifications of any change, inquiry, or score ups and downs.

Highly recommend something like this vs. the frustration of having to contact an actual credit bureau.
I like the paper report all 3 bureaus mail to me. Does Credit Karma mail the same or similar report? How about cc companies?

@Aerides I just logged into Credit Karma but the only 2 credit reports I can access are Trans Union and Equifax. Do you know of a way to see Experian as that is the one I can't get my report from.

Curious of your obsession with your credit scores? Every 3 months & 3 agencies seems excessive.

Did you get your identity stolen? Consider freezing them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom