Micro-BTD (less than $100)

Stopped at a local roadside stand with vegetables and fruit. Everything looked good but was terribly over-priced. We bought some corn ($1.79 per ear) and some fruit. I normally would have just left.

They had a tip jar, but I ignored that. Some habits die hard.

That's what I thought. None where I live.

Co-branded (e.g. with a local hardware store) ones are still around.

Usually in smaller towns that could never have supported a stand-alone Radio Shack in the first place.

Stopped at a local roadside stand with vegetables and fruit. Everything looked good but was terribly over-priced. We bought some corn ($1.79 per ear) and some fruit. I normally would have just left.

They had a tip jar, but I ignored that. Some habits die hard.
Yeah, the local farmer's markets are "overpriced" by comparison to local stores. I suppose the fact that someone has to come sit all day to make sales "justifies" the higher prices. Some think the produce is better but you have to be selective.

Here on the mainland, the sweet corn will be available soon at the "wagons" set up in parking lots. I think last year we bought 4 ears for $1.

I was in the mood for a pick-me-up and blew $24.50 on a Dr. Denese Firming Facial Microdermabrasion Cream. See, even the "micro" in the name is appropriate (although I don't really believe that it is going to firm anything).

Back
Top Bottom