VTSAX distributions for Q2?

explanade

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Not seeing it at either VG or eTrade.

Only two business days left in June so it has to be Thursday or Friday, right?

Thanks. I don’t recall it being that late, into the first day of Q3.

Several of my VG MFs are paying dividends 7/1, I don't remember that late either.

Me neither (not equity funds, at least). Disappointed to see the large increases on US funds.

So it's past 12 PM PST on July 1, no distribution in transactions at VG.

They're based in PA or something so it's past 3 PM their time?

Dividends for VTSAX were shown as available funds in my settlement account as of this morning.

The payable date is 7/1. It likely will post overnight. They would show as pending on the June statement. I haven't looked at the accounts today - I generally only go in once every month or so and I'm over my allotment already.

The distributions from VTSAX in our Roth accounts were posted on Sunday. They are automatically reinvested. There is an unexplained cash withdrawal showing in our brokerage account that I am expecting to be assigned to the VTSAX distribution when I check my account tomorrow, 7/2/24. Based on history and experience, I do not expect them to show up tonight. The brokerage dividends are transferred to our outside checking account.

The payable date is 7/1. It likely will post overnight. They would show as pending on the June statement. I haven't looked at the accounts today - I generally only go in once every month or so and I'm over my allotment already.
You must remember the days when Vanguard was only accessed through America on Line. Ha Ha when your account was restricted to so many lookie looks.

The distributions from VTSAX in our Roth accounts were posted on Sunday. They are automatically reinvested. There is an unexplained cash withdrawal showing in our brokerage account that I am expecting to be assigned to the VTSAX distribution when I check my account tomorrow, 7/2/24. Based on history and experience, I do not expect them to show up tonight. The brokerage dividends are transferred to our outside checking account.
yes; reinvestment dates were generally 6/28. Payable dates 7/1 for funds. All my reinvestments were there Saturday morning (in the fund, just not showing up as "activity").

You must remember the days when Vanguard was only accessed through America on Line. Ha Ha when your account was restricted to so many lookie looks.
heh heh. For many years, most of our assets were in my wife's pension scheme. They reported once a year as of December 31. The reports came out in March-ish; sometimes April-ish. We never even "saw" the October, 1987 "blip"

So the payment came to my bank account late Monday night, July 1.

When I log into VG, it shows the VTSAX distribution on July 1 as part of Q3 dividend payouts.

So will there be a second VTSAX distribution in Q3? Or will it push the Q3 and Q4 distributions into the month following the end of Q3 and Q4?

Does that mean the Q4 2024 distribution payout will be actually in January 2025, which would presumably have implications for taxes?

When I log into VG, it shows the VTSAX distribution on July 1 as part of Q3 dividend payouts.

So will there be a second VTSAX distribution in Q3? Or will it push the Q3 and Q4 distributions into the month following the end of Q3 and Q4?

Does that mean the Q4 2024 distribution payout will be actually in January 2025, which would presumably have implications for taxes?
In post #2 above, someone shared a link showing the exact dates for all VG dividends for 2024. It's all right there...

They purposely schedule December distributions earlier to avoid carrying over to the following year...

When people point me to information that will answer my question, I usually just thank them.
Was just meant to be confirmation of a correct response. I downloaded my copy of Vanguard's schedule back before the end of March distributions...

Back
Top Bottom