Browser check message

Janet H

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Hi Folks -

You may be seeing the Cloudflare browser check message as you log in. We've noticed some unusual traffic and have put this in place for a few days as an abatement scheme. Thanks for understanding. :flowers:

Thanks for the heads up. I just got the screen that said it was "checking to see if was a human" and wondered what that was all about.

Woah. Just saw that message in my browser. Good job.

Dang. My secret has been uncovered.

Hi Folks -

You may be seeing the Cloudflare browser check message as you log in. We've noticed some unusual traffic and have put this in place for a few days as an abatement scheme. Thanks for understanding. :flowers:

Many thanks to you and the mod team for keeping this such a nice forum!:flowers:

omni

Hi Folks -

Thanks for explaining! I didn't remember seeing it in the past, and was concerned that the check message itself might be some sort of weird malware. Whew! :LOL:

It’s checked me multiple times. I wonder what’s going on …

Attachments

• IMG_3508.gif
    IMG_3508.gif
    464.3 KB · Views: 5
I never got a check box. It just told me it was checking me to see if I was human and then let me in.

I can't post to the forum using Firefox. It had been working a couple hours ago. I even exited, updated, and disabled some extensions. But I get a cloudfare block message. So, I had to use Chrome to post. In Firefox, I was getting this screen as soon as I tried to submit a message.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 84e69433591b6387

Edit: Problem resolved. It was the 600% Volume extension. I've had it for weeks but never ran into this issue until this evening.

Attachments

• ERcloudfare.jpg
    ERcloudfare.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I can't post to the forum using Firefox. I even exited, updated, and disabled some extensions. But I get a cloudfare block message. So, I had to use Chrome to post.

Interesting- I am posting this on Firefox right now

Interesting- I am posting this on Firefox right now
I suspect a different config setting than yours, although I didn't change anything today, and this just developed this evening.

Edit: tried a couple changes in Firefox settings that didn't help.

Edit: using a private window in Firefox worked to post.

Edit: Problem solved. It was an audio extension called 600% volume for adjusting the volume in a tab. Although I've had it installed for weeks, I wasn't using it, so I disabled it. That extension wasn't enabled for private windows, which is why that test worked. Strange that this only became an issue posting this evening after it had worked all day. Anyway, resolved it from my end.

Last edited:
I'm curious what "unusual traffic" entails ... I use a VPN (from Japan), and I know that sometimes triggers website safeguards. I've been getting the cloudflare validation thing intermittently for weeks. Though I'm relatively confident that my one little VPN connection isn't going to send up a flare for a website of this scale.

Been seeing this lately as well. How does it determine if the entity behind the browser is human?

Also, if the long anticipated ER app was released would this security gateway be necessary on mobile devices?

Yeah I saw this when I was recovering from my first ketamine infusion. Made sense at the time.

I got the message two consecutive times before getting in. I must be borderline human.

I saw that too. Initially I thought it was because I hadn't logged on in a while. Good to know.

I've seen this on a few other websites I frequent, so I just assumed it was high traffic or DoS attempts. In some cases, I was logged out and required to log back in again. That tends to be more annoying than the browser check but necessary at times.

Back
Top Bottom