Current Covid Booster - September 2023

Thoughts on getting the Novavax booster 6 months after my 6th MRNA shots??
Had 5 Pfizer and my last early October Moderna. Then 2 weeks later Novavax was approved. They say after 2 months you could be vaccinated with a Novavax booster. I was figuring next spring getting the Novavax . Thoughts? What have anyones doctors thought?

It's not recommended so IDK why you would take 2 of the fall 2023 formulations aimed at XBB1.5. We took the Moderna in September since it was available and hospitalizations were trending up. Unless something changes I would just stick with the annual schedule.

My wife and I will keep getting annual boosters as new variations pop up just like we do with the flu vaccines. We are getting too old to take a chance with the years we hope to have left. We are also some of the few who still wear masks in closed areas. We never had a bad reaction to any of them and never felt the needles anyway. The shots are no big deal, they are available at the Publix pharmacy that is a mile from our house and they are free. Why not?

Cheers!

DW and I got the newest Moderna vaccine (called Spikevax) ... no side affects other than a little bit of a sore arm. We got our flu shots several weeks ago.

Just got Moderna booster plus Flu shot on Friday. Arm was a little sore Sat night, but otherwise no problems.

Got the flu shot over a week ago. Got the COVID Moderna vaccination yesterday. I didn't sleep well, but that happens to me a lot anyway.

Getting the vaccinations is an easy decision and 100% covered by my insurance.

Thoughts on getting the Novavax booster 6 months after my 6th MRNA shots??
Had 5 Pfizer and my last early October Moderna. Then 2 weeks later Novavax was approved. They say after 2 months you could be vaccinated with a Novavax booster. I was figuring next spring getting the Novavax . Thoughts? What have anyones doctors thought?

Our first shots were Pfizer during Covid. We experienced side effects.
When Novavax came out, we have been with Novavax since then, and No Side Effects.
We got Novavax boosters last July, and will get the new Novavax booster next month.
We still prefer the protein-based traditional vaccine, rather than mRNA which we experienced side effects.
Mix and Match is fine. Wife and I experienced zero side effects going from mRNA to protein-based vax.

Last edited:
Friends went on a European river cruise last month, came home with covid. DW told me a fellow volunteer at the food pantry where she works had a similar anecdote. My friends had had the vaccine and boosters -- their daughter told me they thought they caught a cold at first. So they aren't severely ill.

Back
Top Bottom