DSIL is finally retired

folivier

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
My DW's older sister is finally retired, yesterday. DW and her 2 other sisters who are all retired are thinking of taking her on a short trip to celebrate. Some of the things they're thinking of are a short cruise, trip to Memphis, trip to Branson. Now DSIL is very frugal with a capital F so getting her to spend the money for this trip will be difficult. She is single but in a long term relationship with a great guy who is older but still working. Can't get him to consider retirement just yet.
Any thoughts on other places or things to do?

Getting someone to flip to spending is much harder than you might think... one of my sisters has a friend in her late 70s who still does not spend money and has a very large income with a really good pension and O&G properties... from what my sister told me she FINALLY bought a cell phone last year...

It sounds like a great idea for the sisters. With regard to the spending side of it, the fact that they are all retired allows them to shop for the best prices based upon non-peak bookings. If one of the sisters is a pro at finding deals, whether it be all inclusive cruises, resorts, etc. perhaps that sister might "shop" and show Ms. Frugal how much money she is saving.

I'm thinking, as long as they are in a pleasant, comfortable environment, they will likely enjoy themselves based upon the fact that they are all together.

Does this one sister want to go on the trip and have they discussed it with her? What is her choice?
A cruise is nice.

Back
Top Bottom