Your recent repair? - 2021 to ?

That's interesting, usually the center springs fail first.
Should you need a more durable repair in the future, I have had good results with removing the spring, clean to bare metal, reinforce, then braze and quench. best of luck.
I think an easier and stronger fix would be a hose clamp.

Had one break on my recliner. Went to local upholstery shop and he sold me a replacement piece that I installed.

Along the lines of fixing things you break yourself....

I clean the screen in the dishwasher every month.

This month I knocked off a little plastic piece protecting the drain pump and it jammed the impeller and burned out the motor.

$30 for a new pump. Convinced whoever designed space to get old one out and new one inserted has the hand size of a 3 year old.

While I was unplugging electrical clip, I tore out the three wires that feed it.

Of course they are unlabled and short. Built 3 wire extension and figured out which one was the ground. Guessed the other two - and lucked out that it was ok.

Dishwasher works fine now. Such a time saver! Could have washed by hand a few months and broken even......

Attachments

• wire for pump.jpg
    wire for pump.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Replaced a 100 amp breaker in my electrical panel. I had to wait for MsG to walk the dogs as she said not to do it when she was out. A true nothing burger, you learn how to do lots of stuff yourself where I live.

Built 3 wire extension and figured out which one was the ground. Guessed the other two - and lucked out that it was ok.
Nice fix. There's the tendency to "just get a new one", which bugs me when the problem is a part that's a small fraction of the replacement cost.

WRT how lucky you were on hooking up the last pair of wires, given it was probably 110AC, it probably would have worked fine no matter which way you hooked them up.

For 20+ years we've done minimal upkeep of the landscaping right in front of the house. It was overgrown with shrubs/bushes and weeds. Similarly, the weeds would grow through the gaps between the concrete slabs of the walkway leading to our front door. Every year I'd pull weeds and prune the shrubs and bushes, but it was a never ending job.

This year, I decided we'd invest a little money into cleaning it all up. I ripped everything out, scorched Earth approach. I dug everything out, put down high concentration of strong weed/vegetation killer, and weed barrier. I had 3 tons of rubber mulch delivered from HD, and was making multiple trips a week to Lowes to shuttle bricks back to the house. This weekend, after two months, it was finally finished (ok, 99% finished).

We're happy with the way it came out. For the time being, it's nice, simple, clean and should be no maintenance - we'll see. I finished the first half (first photo) with the small retaining wall about a month ago, and so far so good - nothing growing through. I really wanted to do the retaining wall - there's about a 2 foot drop along that wall, and it looks so much nicer now.

Attachments

• 1000000386.jpg
    1000000386.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 1000000384.jpg
    1000000384.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 1000000385.jpg
    1000000385.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom