Buying a New Car

76" tall, 4wd, 700 ft pounds, turbo intercooled. 6700 pounds empty. Check! 15000 towing capacity, check!
;)
15,000?
If you go with dual rear wheels, you kin tow considerably more.

But I don't tow routinely and max payload I've done in my F-150 was 2300 lbs of crushed stone for ten miles, just a bit overloaded, yes.

So if you need higher load capacity, then no choice but a HD model ..

I would not want a Fat Butt. My truck is a relatively sporty 140" WB short bed SRW.
I also drive big trucks for work and that is what it becomes, work. No thank you. It's not a PPP
IMG-20170109-200729-1024x768.jpg

76" tall, 4wd, 700 ft pounds, turbo intercooled. 6700 pounds empty. Check! 15000 towing capacity, check!
;)
I had to look it up. My TRX is 80.9 inches tall, weighs in at ~6400 lbs. It is only rated to tow 8100lbs but has a 702hp/650ft lbs gas engine. I do have a trailer hitch/ball on mine but it's used as a bumper guard. :) For towing, I use my other truck.

I'm in favor of people driving what they want to drive. But I see people driving these huge, expensive trucks in the Islands and wonder why. I rarely see "stuff" in the back though it's not unusual to see 4 or 5 kids in lawn chairs back there. Each to his own.

yeah Koolau I hear that, and my truck rarely moves without a job. In the picture above I was visiting family and the next day I used it to rescue my sister who pulled into street parking that was 10" of wet concrete snow. We big boys tried to push it out by hand and that Honda laughed at us. It was down tight!
It left one piece of the underbody plastic behind.

I use to be a car guy, had MB, Porsche, BMW, Jag all leased through the biz over the years. But , now retired, then I got into boating and woodworking and needed at truck. Now I will probably never go back to a car. I love my 2020 RAM 1500 Limited...my second one and will keep this one for as long as it keeps kicking. Wife is driving an Audi Q7 , very nice car with great tech.

I stumbled upon this document while reading an interesting article about how the price difference between ‘Normal” cars and Luxury Cars is narrowing over historical margins.

However, there has been a recovery in the supply of new cars under $30K, affording much-needed solace for consumers.

Back
Top Bottom