Vaccines Fall 2023

Dash man

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Had my Medicare Wellness visit yesterday and had my 6th Covid vaccine, and was told to get the RSV vaccine. I had already gotten the flu vaccine in October.
Previously I’ve had all Pfizer vaccines for Covid, but this one was Moderna and it’s not a pleasant experience. Everything aches including my teeth. I hope the RSV is a better experience next week!
Anyone else tried this latest vaccine and had side effects? Any effects from RSV?

I have not had it but read that one of the approved RSV vaccines (by GSK/ Arexvy) has the same adjuvant as used in the Shingrex vaccine (but 1/2 as much) - so if you were sensitive to Shingrex you might want to consider the other option (ABRYSVO/ Pfizer) - but of course it is best to address any concerns with your physician.

I mentioned it as it took me a while to recover from Shingrex (but well worth the protection from Shingles, in my opinion).

Shingrex didn’t cause me any problems. This Moderna is the worst reaction I’ve had. Thanks for the info.

Shingrex didn’t cause me any problems. This Moderna is the worst reaction I’ve had. Thanks for the info.

Moderna was pretty rough on me. DH sailed through the Pfizer (Covid vaccine/ boosters).

I had vaccines for the flu, RSV and TDAP this week. Arm was sore at the site of the injections for a coupe of days. No other side effects.

Previously I’ve had all Pfizer vaccines for Covid, but this one was Moderna and it’s not a pleasant experience. Everything aches including my teeth...
Anyone else tried this latest vaccine and had side effects?
The independent pharmacy I get my flu shot at has the Pfizer Covid vaccine but does not give both on the same day. Their reason is if I had a reaction, they wouldn't know which one caused it. I got them 4 days apart. No side effects from either as usual. This was my 5th Pfizer Covid jab.

Wow, a lot of older people getting RSV vaccine?

I have asthma that put me in the hospital for four days back in January with pneumonia. My doctor strongly tells me (not a suggestion) to get these vaccines. I listen to her. [emoji15]

I have had all the vaccines this Fall (flu, RSV, Moderna Covid) and had no reactions to any of them, not even a sore arm. I spaced the vaccines 2 weeks apart.

I am 72 and my doctor highly recommended that I get the new RSV shot.

DH and I had the Flu vaccine and Covid update last month.
I have RSV scheduled this month and DH in Dec.

It may be a one time vaccine.
RSV can cause serious illness and death in children, especially infants. You do not want to see a baby struggling to breathe, it is not pleasant. Any vaccine to help prevent that is a positive in my opinion.
And RSV can do the same for older folks.

Isn’t it recommended for those 60 and up? That’s what I read.

I got it. No problems other than the usual soreness where the needle goes in.

I’m scheduled for the RSV vaccine on Friday. Hope it’s easier on me than this Moderna Covid shot. At least I’ll be done for a while.

The first 3 Pfizer vaccines made me very sick in bed for 4 days each. The first night I was shaking uncontrollably with the most severe chills of my life. Both my older siblings got Moderna and were sick each time for between 7-10 days. They still get all the vaccines because they are older than me and each has a serious lung disease . I have asthma but it’s always under control. I have been considering getting the RSV vaccine but probably will not.

I’m starting to think my family’s dna doesn’t like vaccines. For many years the flu vaccine made my mom very sick for a week until she finally quit getting it. I envy the people with no reaction.

No RSV. Took my 5th Pfizer. First 4 made me want to stay in bed for a day, this latest shot a week ago, only a little soreness and achiness.

About a month ago I got the flu, RSV and latest covid shot all at one sitting. Left and did a good hard workout, especially worked the arms extra hard. Went home and didn't really feel all that bad the rest of the day and the next was pretty much back to normal. Being born in 1951, serving in the armed forces and then mega corp., I'm sure my vaccination record reads like War and Peace.

We got RSV, no issues.

Then we got Covid 23-24 and Fluzone a week later. Both of us felt lethargic the day after the latter, we assume it was from the Covid vax because DW has felt crummy after Covid vaccines in past years, but who knows…

I just got my RSV vaccine this morning. So far I feel just fine. I am all caught up on my vaccines. I do feel like a bit of a pincushion.

I just got my RSV vaccine this morning. So far I feel just fine. I am all caught up on my vaccines. I do feel like a bit of a pincushion.
Good to hear no reaction to RSV. My Moderna covid shot from last Thursday is still keeping me achy, but getting better and expecting it to be gone tomorrow. RSV on Friday.

Had a sore arm for 2 days and some chills with the recent Moderna. I attributed that to probably having more Covid resistance now than the earlier shots.

Back
Top Bottom