Breast cancer

Sorry to hear this! Hang in there, start reading, and learn all you can as it will help you make informed decisions moving forward. I imagine there will be many.

WR2, I so am wishing you all the best.

There are constant advancements in this field. Although at times it may be difficult to process information, I have to agree with what Janet is recommending. If possible have F go with you to both treatments and consultations/ appointments wherein your results and options are discussed. If you are at all inclined, be quick to seek a second opinion as to treatment options. (I did.)

Hugs {{{ }}}

Last edited:
Reactions: W2R
Very sorry to hear this, and hoping for the best possible outcome. As clear headed as you’ve always been, I’m sure you’ll make the best decisions possible. All the best…

My sister had breast cancer about 30 years ago. She is fine still, decades after surgery.
Visited her in hospital, room was on an upper floor. I commented there's a nice view out the window.
She said, yeah it's surrounded by cemeteries. :2funny:

Point being, keep your sense of humor. (y)

• Haha
Prayers for your staying healthy! Twenty years ago my wife was diagnosed with Ovarian and Uterine cancers at the same time. Tomorrow we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! Medicine has come a long way, if you’re sick. God Bless!

Stay strong, W2R! Sending good vibes and prayers.

Sorry about the scary news. 🙁

It is good that your medical team is getting you scheduled for testing, and that support is just next door. Staying positive is tough but the alternative is way less fun, and who wants that? Not the happiest retiree ever!

W2R Strong! 💪

So sorry you are going though this. Wishing you all the best and expecting you to beat the old age record!!

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear this. You are a beloved poster on here and we are wishing you well. I am sure that you will research this and make good decisions. Please keep us in the loop and feel free to vent to us, if needed.

Like your comment, “eventually this sort of thing would start happening”.

Couple weeks ago for my 70th birthday I received notice that the lump on my neck’s biopsy had come back as an “aggressive” cancer, abbreviated DFSP-FS. Like you, I’m Still going thru additional scans, etc, trying to decide how to best proceed.

I share your “who knows” feeling, whether I’ve got 10+ years or 10- months. Talking to the various doctors I’m reminded of the last words a friend of mine who died of stomach cancer many years ago said to me, “all this gives new meaning to the term, ‘practicing medicine’.”

Makes me appreciate each day, each friend, and trying to get my financial affairs in order. For example, While we set up Trusts, we’ve neglected to title everything properly.

None of us are getting out of here alive. Living as the happiest retiree is a great way to go.

If you’d like to talk to someone going thru something similar to you, please message me.

Very sorry to hear this and I’m sending you all the positive thoughts I can muster from “across the pond”. I’ll raise a glass of ale to you on Sunday when I’m down the pub with my mates.

The toughest part off these preliminary diagnoses is often the testing and waiting. Best wishes for you to get through this relatively easily. Please keep us updated.

Yeah, the waiting is the hardest part, as Tom Petty is famous for saying.

I don't prefer the battle language, personally; I'm not the kind of person who enjoys living in a battle. I think more along the lines of yin and yang. It's tough to stay with what is known when the mind goes to all of the possible eventualities. If today isn't so bad, then enjoy today.

Wish you all the very best. I love your attitude.

Your mental health through this ordeal is important. Seek out a support group or assemble one.

Good luck to you. I wish you well. My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer twice in the past 25 years and beat it both times. She just recently found out it is once again back and stage 4. :( She will be 85 in Nov.

Mike

• Sad
My wife had breast cancer twice and both times she beat it and thank God, is fine today. Yes, her treatment required surgery, chemo, and radiation but all is well that ends well. I know you will come out of this fine. Don't loose faith, follow your doctor's advice, and be strong. My wife was treated at Sloan Kettering in NYC by the way.

Back
Top Bottom