problem with city agreement

You would want the agreement that is achieved in the end to apply to the property, not just to you, no? If not you might have a problem with selling said property in the future.

the suggestion by 1242 vintage was one I was contemplating. that sounds like the most reasonable next step. keep the suggestions coming from your past experiences..
Years ago I was one of two engineers working for the Board of a public works agency. Board members (AKA politicians) disliked when a letter about some unresolved issue was submitted by a constituent as “public comment” and the letter and corresponding verbal testimony became part of the agenda and record at a public meeting.

Typically in pre- public meeting briefings with individual Board members, I got the extraordinarily clear direction on issues like this to “make it go away” so it doesn’t surface at the next public Board meeting.

If you don’t get the issue addressed by working nicely, this would be the next logical step.

I used to deal with these kind of problems. Sounds like the city put the sidewalk in the wrong place? If so, they won’t remedy the situation until they have to. Get a lawyer.

You would want the agreement that is achieved in the end to apply to the property, not just to you, no? If not you might have a problem with selling said property in the future.
that is what I want something that could be recorded with the property to show their responsibility to do snow removal on that sidewalk. It doesn't seem like it should be a big deal as they city does the sidewalks on every side of the new expanded turning lanes but mine. with the equipment they have to use on the other sidewalks it/s probably a 20 minute job.

Back
Top Bottom