what office software product do you use?

I've been using the Microsoft 365 office suite - the subscription version. I have tried Open Office, Libre Office, and Google suite. I find something missing from each of them. While MS products and OO/LO work well together. Things get lost in the Google suite - especially if you want/need to work between the two. The big thing for me was the inability of Google's spreadsheet to deal with linked MS Excel sheets.

$79 a year is still more than the $35 deal someone found. But over a 3 year period it is still less than buying it upfront to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access.

I loaded office 2016 professional with Windows 10 on my new computer and bought a recycled product key off ebay. I will not give in to MS subscription pay until you die nonsense.

I use Office 2000, or some very old version. I have a CD that I install on each new machine, and it keeps working. If I download a document, I'll use Google or Libre, but for my own docs, the old stuff works, and I don't/didn't need to learn anything new each time they needlessly rearranged the UI.
If it's Office 2000, that's even older than mine. I'm still using Office 2003 at home on my Windows 10 workstation. It suits my needs. Apparently only two people in my organization had received courtesy copies of it from Microsoft.... the CEO and I. We both ended up using it at home. I was kept fairly current on the work PC over the years.

Microsoft 365 family edition. As long as I'm doing part time consulting I can't really risk incompatibilities.

MS Office 2016 - Outlook, Powerpoint, Word, Excel. I also bought Visio for doing diagrams, etc.
Use it for engineering consulting work. It does everything I need for documents and presentations.
No 365 for me. I avoid subscriptions where possible.

Office 2010... the heck I'm subscribing to your service (this might be my last PC)! I've started using Google a bit more for some things and not sure what I'll use for my finance sheets once I can no longer use my unsupported Office version. I might try migrating to Sheets but expect issues as some are rather involved. I might have to suck it up and use the free online versions of Office but I'm not paying a lot for a couple personal finance sheets.

I have MS Office 2013 and use Word, Excel and Outlook daily. I got it primarily because of my years of familiarity and I needed it for some contract work I used to do. Some things never die. I also have LibreOffice 24.2 that I have used about once a year. It has some features that my version of MS Office doesn't have.

MS office 2021 here. I simply can't stand the subscription model that many software providers have turned to, at least for individuals. I have the full suite.
2024 is due later this year, I'm told. Will take a look to see if whatever it is they're adding is worth the purchase price. Right now, I'm not really missing anything, but you never know.

Cheers.

I backed into LibreOffice. When I bought the laptop that I am typing on now in 2017 we were in Florida and my MS Office CD was in Vermont, so I downloaded and started using LibreOffice as an interim solution to my needs. When we got back to Vermont a few months later couldn't find my MS Office CD (still hasn't shown up) so I've been using LibreOffice ever since. I have both Calc and Writer configured to always open and close worksheets and documents in Excel and Word format, so it's pretty seamless.

Only thing is that some of the comands are a bit different and I notice that graphs in Calc don't update automatically like I'm used to in Excel but I haven't bothered to chase down why or if there is a solution.

I bought & installed those inexpensive licenses from StackSocial (Mac & PC)

But except for a legacy spreadsheet in Excel I always end up using Libre Office.

And saving anything I need to send out to PDF.

Back
Top Bottom